LegacyGT.com

Howto get aux-in for my HU

pattali

Hello,

I owned an 2.5i Outback in France since 4 months. Like every legacy and Outback in Europe , our model are equipped with HeadUnit with extra changer option.

As you can see on photos , there is a 20 pins male plug at rear of HU. So maybe with the special silent CD I could plug an extra aux-in with this 20 pins male plug.

I think it's too difficult to find the correct 20 pins female plug wired, so I decided to make one with the small one wired plug such on computer motherboard (For instance : you know small internal plug for CDrom output to line-in sound card).

My question : where are the 3 pins for get Left Line in +, right line in +, and ground line in - ?

PS : as you can see on the fascia, it's result of inserting CD MP3 ... Only 1 cd-audio...

Thanks for your help.

Patrick

PlugRear-02.thumb.jpg.15240e90c8e8ccce86ffe429b6af9532.jpg

Fascia-01.thumb.jpg.8c03f0c66f043cdfb23612ce06084eb2.jpg

I don't see a picture and I'm not an audio guru, so I can't offer any help.

But, I was wondering, what is the range of AM and FM frequencies in France? Ours are appx. 500-1600 AM, and 87-107 FM. I know Japan has a lower FM range, and I know nothing about their AM range.

I don't see a picture and I'm not an audio guru, so I can't offer any help.

But, I was wondering, what is the range of AM and FM frequencies in France? Ours are appx. 500-1600 AM, and 87-107 FM. I know Japan has a lower FM range, and I know nothing about their AM range.

FM is 87 to 108 mhz, I don't know for AM.

Sorry, some pb with photos.

Not sure which is which.. wouldnt you also need a signal line as well?

Keefe

Signal line is not my priority if blank silent CD work properly.

I am sure that this plug is for extra changer, because my car was preequipped with DVD nav option with voice guidance; voice came from car's speakers with FM or cd playing.

In fact this DVD navi is too expensive (3000 euros) , so I decided to use paper map. My subaru dealer removed this option one month ago.

All I want is connect my Ipod.

Archived