LegacyGT.com

Leaking oil from whatever this is... HELP!

This is on my passenger side right above the axle.

The metal tube covered in oil and the black tube connected to it are the issue.

I think the spring clamp thing on the black tube was bumped out of place? Or possibly something more serious?

I tried to get it back to where I thought it should be (slightly lower) but this seems to have made my problem worse. It doesn't help that this is the most difficult place for something like this to exist.

1. What is this tube?

2. Is leaking oil here going to cause my turbo to explode? I'm planning on driving my beater tomorrow but I just got my car back from the shop I'd really like to be able to drive it... Oil level has not noticeably dropped but I'd hate for it to fail completely or something.

3. How do I fix this when I can't get to it?

4. Where is the spring clamp supposed to be?

I'm lucky I installed my swaybars today or I wouldn't have seen this for who knows how long, and since I just got my stg. 1 I'd probably be driving it pretty hard this week.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/802/photo1sl.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/photo2igv.jpg/

was your turbo recently replaced ? That's the turbo oil drain hose and it does not pressurize just has little butterfly clamps. That hose is in the wrong position and should be straight not sure if you can position it better atleast the clamps aren't very important if the hose is in good condition. Regardless was probably like that for a while.

Yes, turbo just received work and up pipe was swapped. Also had an infamous oil line kit/filter installed.

Can someone give me the cliff notes on what the turbo drain hose does? Where does it drain to?

I'm doubtful that it was like that for a while I've usually been pretty good about inspecting for leaks when I change my oil and I've never noticed it. Car has never put a drop of oil on the ground and today I had a small puddle forming... :(

Archived