LegacyGT.com

Squeaky Clutch pedal

Question for you guys ... I took my car in for its 15k service Saturday. I also had them check out my squeaky clutch pedal. They told me, due to the recent humidity, it is the sole cause of why it is squeaking. They lubed it up but told me there is no fix and that's the way things are. Are they full of kaka or what? Thanks.

Mine does this too ... never on demand at the dealer though.

legandrex posted this a while back:

Both of our GT 5 speeds had a squeaky clutch pedal. Our wagon was fixed yesterday. They installed SOP clutch part, unlubricated clutch arm CO21-141--UEX-26 Lubricated clutch arm and installed. No more squeak when pressed. It sounded like I have not been the only person complaining about this and getting it fixed.

Mine used to squeak too, it may have stopped or I may have stopped noticing. Damn Subaru and their lame excuses for bad workmanship, "its the weather", "stuttering is normal operation", "clutch stink doesnt exist", bahhhh.:mad:

Interesting... I developed a clutch squeak yesterday, after about 1100 miles on the car. Annoying as heck since it's a rather high-pitched squeak. I hope it goes away, otherwise I'm going to talk to the service guys when I come in for the first oil change...

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

I live in Miami, where we define "humidity"...mine squeeks on some sunny days, and sometimes doesn't squeek when it's raining...doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for it, but I can tell you humidity doesn't seem to make a difference.
Goin' to Carolina in my mind...and in my car on the 16th!

I am going to bring this on Friday .. my car is starting to idle rough again, I just had my fuel injector for cylinder 3 replaced not too long ago :( I just wish these gremlins would go away!!!!! I'll tell them humidity shmidity .. fix the damn squeek!

The shop said I have a clutch switch that was making the noise. They didn't have one on site at the time, so it's been ordered. The clutch safety switch prevents the engine’s starter motor from cranking the engine unless the driver applies the clutch pedal. I'm assuming this will fix the problem..if not, I'll be making another follow up post here.

I also have the clutch squeak, however I own a MY01 Liberty RX and live in Australia. I have only noticed it after getting the clutch repair kit done about 4000 km ago.

Was the SOP clutch part, unlubricated clutch arm etc fixed under warranty?

Cheers

Mine does this too ... never on demand at the dealer though.

legandrex posted this a while back:

Both of our GT 5 speeds had a squeaky clutch pedal. Our wagon was fixed yesterday. They installed SOP clutch part, unlubricated clutch arm CO21-141--UEX-26 Lubricated clutch arm and installed. No more squeak when pressed. It sounded like I have not been the only person complaining about this and getting it fixed.

• 2 weeks later...
I have this same problem from about 2500mi. Dealer "fixed" it at 3k oil change. Squeaked less when I picked up the car - but still squeaks. I'll have to mention clutch switch to them and see what they say...

Mines a squeaker too. Also got the loose Hbracket bolts or something is loose as I get pops from the suspension. Also probably need to take it in for the studdering problem as its a pain in the rear when theres traffic.

I live in denver...where we wonder what humidity feels like.

A little while ago I brought my car in and they said they needed to take out the whole clutch assembly and search for the squeak using a stethiscope-like instrument (because squirting lubricants on all the joints didn't do jack). They found my sqeak with the clutch inhibitor and the high-pitched squeak is now gone. I have my sanity back.

• 1 month later...

My clutch pedal squeak is fixed, for now. After the dealer tech failed 3 times to fix it, I looked at it this morning. (this is the same tech who scratched my dash with a screwdriver removing the dimmer switch to fix the ILL.5 problem)

Turns out the clutch starter interlock switch is the cause. There are 2 switches on the clutch pedal; it's the top one, and contacts the clutch pedal when the pedal is almost all the way down. The other switch is for disengaging the cruise control.

I removed it, and the squeak disappeared. I sprayed lube down the plastic shaft of the switch and re-installed, and it's still quiet. If it reappears, I'll buy a new switch.

-Paul

Archived