LegacyGT.com

5EAT LGT Stage I v. 02-04 Mustang GT...

TODAY WAS MY FIRST RACE!!!..So I am at a light waiting for it to turn and look back in the mirror...A maroon Mustang GT is weaving in and out of traffic..hauling ass....The light is still red when he pulls up beside me..I think it might have been stock w/ maybe some aftermarket pipes..THe growl was a bit lower than normal. The light turns green and I can see that he is trying to push it, so I oblige and hit the gas...ALl I can say is...TOO EASY..as I am flying past him about 500 ft ahead a big ass Black GM truck is deciding to back out into the middle of the road..All the fun and games is over we both hit our brakes to keep from hitting this idiot, and we go back to regular driving becaus of the traffic ahead...Like I said..it was too easy..

TODAY WAS MY FIRST RACE!!!..So I am at a light waiting for it to turn and look back in the mirror...A maroon Mustang GT is weaving in and out of traffic..hauling ass....The light is still red when he pulls up beside me..I think it might have been stock w/ maybe some aftermarket pipes..THe growl was a bit lower than normal. The light turns green and I can see that he is trying to push it, so I oblige and hit the gas...ALl I can say is...TOO EASY..as I am flying past him about 500 ft ahead a big ass Black GM truck is deciding to back out into the middle of the road..All the fun and games is over we both hit our brakes to keep from hitting this idiot, and we go back to regular driving becaus of the traffic ahead...Like I said..it was too easy..

most of my fun races were with those cars.... *day dreams*

me "You know this is front wheel drive right"

Mustang driver- "Yea"

me "You know i got a v6, right?"

Mustang driver-"...yea"

*light turns green*

:cool::cool: :cool:

Auto or manual GT?? I would think a manual Mustang GT from that time period would be a good race for a stage 1 LGT w/5eat.

Just curious, but how do you know it wasn't possibly a 99-01?? Same body style/performance as 02-04.

I would guess it was an auto.

The 99-04 MGT with an auto stock traps in the 95+ mph range.

About what a stock auto LGT does.

So if you pulled on him with your stage 1...he probably had an auto.

The manual 99-04 MGT is a low 14 second and 99-100 mph trapping car.

Those trap speeds are Stage 1 LGT manual times.

Or that driver just stinks at shifting.

I would guess it was an auto.

The 99-04 MGT with an auto stock traps in the 95+ mph range.

About what a stock auto LGT does.

So if you pulled on him with your stage 1...he probably had an auto.

The manual 99-04 MGT is a low 14 second and 99-100 mph trapping car.

Those trap speeds are Stage 1 LGT manual times.

Or that driver just stinks at shifting.

I doesn't have to be an auto. Stage 1 5eat is running mid to low 5's 0-60 (at least mine is per G-Tech) those year GT's in manual are only pulling about 5.5 on a great launch. So since it doesn't sound like they really got up to speed I would say that he probably took a stick off the line nicely. Especially if he thinks he heard the tranny revving.

Let the guy have his kill and feel good man!

I currently have an 02 Mustang GT 5mt (for sale so I can buy a Legacy:) ). Based on the test drives I have done with both 5mt and 5eat Legacy the Mustang is definitely faster in a straight line. You are right about the launch though, defiinitely the Leg. wins, but when I hit 2nd in my Mustang it really takes off. If the race would have lasted longer the mustang would have passed by.

Well keep it real to yourself. A win is a win. Flying is all relative. Too easy is a fun expression.

Stop being such a cynic all the time

Dude, talk about needing to keep in to yourself. :rolleyes:

Nobody here asked you or appointed you the "dictator" of this board and

giving you the power or the right to tell others what they can and cannot

say. So back off.

And a "win" is not always "a win".

I could also take my LGT manual and "race" against a Viper and beat him

in the first 50 feet. Hardly a win.

I could also make any kind of story up on a forum that I "beat" another

car....you apparently are gullible enough to believe EVERY post/story

regardless of the facts or truth might be. I guess to you the LGT is just

the fastest and no matter what, "a win is a win".

I've driven and raced A LOT of cars, and know when someone with a Stage 1 LGT auto says he was "flying away" from a 02-04 Mustang GT manual with exhaust system and that the race was "too easy" is full of crap....or the Mustang driver just accelerated hard, but not floored it and as the poster "flew by" the Mustang driver thought, "oh, you wanted to race, next time let me actually give it her all."

Just so you know, yesterday, I was up alongside this guy in his new C6 vette. His music was pumping, he had his shades on and he thought he

was all that. When the light went green, he revved up and took off, I then

let my LGT go, and I caught him by the top of second and flew on past.

The new Vettes aren't so fast.

A win is a win right. At the next light the vette driver said, "do you want me to try this time?" I said, "why, I already creamed you once." :lol:

I do agree with you to a point. I guess I should just let some of these people think that the LGT can beat anything on the road and just let them be happy. But you could say I was doing them a service and saving them

some money when they are offered a bet for a real race against some of these cars they think they "flew by" with "ease" when the other driver actually 1. knows there is a race and 2. Is fullying trying.

I'm not saying the LGT is slow...I know it's a fast car, but it can't "easily" beat all the cars some on here think it can.

- Tripod again your post is pointless.

Just to prove my point on your post trolling I will use this:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15854

You crapped all over a car you know nothing about nor the driver. But again you had to open your big mouth. I don't care HOW many cars you have driven or how many magazines you have read. IT DOESN"T MEAN ANYTHING.

I am not a dictator hahahaha, I congratulate people, post questions, and add to topics where I have some information I can provide. In this case I said nice kill!

All you EVER do is try to call BS on everyones real world races. You know what makes a race.........two cars attempting to beat each other to point B. That is all it takes. Since that vette wasn't racing you it WASN"T A RACE so there is nothing to win.

The mustang WAS racing the poster. I dont care if he was a crappy driver or missed a shift or whatever, the LGT won. That happens in top fuel and in kids racing their bikes on the street. Someone wins. Not always the favorite with the best "magazine" times. Sometimes the underdog surprises the race.

You are simply ignorant and try to bring people down just as you did with Edmundu. I know 3 people that have raced with his car and can first hand tell you that if he says he raced a TL and won then he won. He isn't trying to fill up this forum with fake racing stories of the glorious LGT and its unbeaten streak. No one on here is.

They are just posting an experience that happened to them to share with others for the fun of reading and friendships. Get over yourself and your trap times and your car and driver thinking mind and keep to yourself.

The only reason I am speaking up is b/c you do this in EVERY SINGLE thread you respond to. Mr. negative nancy!

Being a tough guy hot head over the internet is soooooo cool isn't it :) you must feel good about yourself when you put down everyone else.

If you don't like a post THEN DONT RESPOND!

Sometimes there are people that cannot accept the reality that there is a replacement for displacement..My buddy had an older 98 4.6 GT and another had an older non-supercharged Cobra, and I thought they were great cars, but a car can only be as good as the driver..So, even if his WAS an auto( helps correct driver error), he was still slower and still got beat, and if it was a manual..well then that says alot about the caliber of driver...Oh, and by they way..It wasn't 50 feet, and none of what I said was crap...does that answer your question Tripod???

Honeslty,

What is this forum about, other cars vs LGT and not other drivers vs LGT drivers.

This is a driver's win.

Now according to the specs:

02-04 Coupe Mustang GT - 3274-3347 lbs 260/302 bhp/lbs 5250/4000 RPM(from autos.msn.com)

05 Base LGT Stage 1- 3300-3400 lbs 290/305 bhp/lbs 5400/4000 RPM(from autos.msn.com & cobbtuning)

Power/Torque-to-weight ratios lowest & highest weight:

MGT - 0.0794/0.0922 - 0.0777/0.0902

LGT - 0.0879/0.0915 - 0.0853/0.0897

From a dig, an Stage 1 LGT == or >(AWD launch) MGT and on the highway the Stage 1 LGT > MGT.

but when you take into account drivetrain losses RWD > AWD, MGT edges the LGT more so on the highway and less from a dig.

So comparing other cars to the LGT and in this case the MGT, nobody is gonna cream the other.

Edit: Whoever get's the jump stays ahead and depending on the aerodynamics(favors LGT) and drivetrain losses(favors MGT) will determine who wins at higher speeds.

I keed I keeed

^^^^ +1

That, or, IMveryHO, a more professional attitude *against* street-racing and/or a more stringent rule of "no bench racing."

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I know, I would like to see a different forum for war/kill stories so that peoples' stories about creaming or losing to other cars is not mixed with discussions about other cars vs the legacy based on their own merits(handling, power, comfort) without the random and unpredictable variable, the driver.
I keed I keeed

Yea but then that would be "promoting street racing" or publicly approving of it, both of which some forum owners dont like associating their name with.

I personally think there should be a section called "Street races" :cool:. It should be about all of our races in all kinds of cars (weve all had other cars in the past, or are in a car when someone races).

Actually it can be about street races in general...foot races, bike races, skateboard races :shrug: hampster ball races for all i care

<3racing<3

Actually it can be about street races in general...foot races, bike races, skateboard races :shrug: hampster ball races for all i care

<3racing<3

:lol:

I actually like that idea!

Should add some good, light-hearted entertainment to the Forums.

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived