LegacyGT.com

DRL disable in under a minute with no tools

I disabled a second friend's DRLs this afternoon and you definately do not need to remove the lower panel below the steering wheel, the white plug is easily accessable with it still in place. I had it unclipped before my firend could retrieve his flashlight from the trunk :D The first time I removed the panel (which is only a few minute job), but once you know what you are looking for and where it is, it is a lot easier.

• 11 months later...
I'll tell you something not to do.... I had done some work and wanted to make sure everythign was working fine when I was done. Fogs came on with parking lights, and with headlights. Then like 5 min later, I went to show a buddy, and the fogs wouldn't come on. Long story short, I took apart the whole car and checked everything with a meter only to figure out the high beams were on. Duh.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

• 3 years later...

It is the white one. There is a box that has a white and a black or grey connector attached at the back left of the footwell. reach up under there and you will see it. You want to disconnect the white connector.

For the lazy - here is another thread about it http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2117&highlight=drl that has pics.

The original point of this thread was that you do no need to remove the lower panel.

This is for 05 and 06 models only.

Archived