LegacyGT.com

Question for wagon owners re: cargo floor mat

Ever since I bought the car used, I've been telling the dealer that the cargo floor mat isn't a match for the legacy wagon. I showed him the issue (see below) and they keep telling me that it's the right one. After laughing at the spankwad who told me "it's a perfect fit" I gave up and said F-it, I'll just buy one that is right.

My question to you wagon owners is: does your cargo floor liner fit better than the one in my wagon? As you can see it doesn't contour the wheel wells that great and obviously doesn't contour the outer edge, at all really.

Thanks in advance

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/madjik_man/Subaru/P1080022.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/madjik_man/Subaru/P1080023.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/madjik_man/Subaru/P1080024.jpg

Here's the backside of it:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/madjik_man/Subaru/P1080026.jpg

I looked up the PPI-4Y67-2 and found nothing.

Also trying to figure out the manufacturing date :confused:

Apparently they began making this mat in June of 1999 and after two months of labor decided to take August and September off, before resuming again in October.... and finally finishing it in March of 2000.

Which of course makes sense to put in a 2006 :spin:

That's the cargo mat for the '00-04 Legacies/Outbacks. The '05's and up had a slightly different shaped cargo area and needed a different mat. Just like the other pic someone posted, the mat with the deep diagonal grooves fits perfectly and is correct for the 05 & up models.

+ 1

That's the one that I have too, and it is great! The ones you posted really look sucky, i'd look for that one.

Thirds. No slipping sliding of crap, and the fit is so good its actually a little tough to get my fingers under to pick up.

I'm going down to my car in a few minutes, I'll try to find the part number off it. I got it as a used re-gift from a totaled wagon.

Just picked one up. Thanks for all the help.

One question/concern. This one has a lip around the edge (lest the door opening side). My concern is I frequently flip one of the rear seats down so I can load snowboard and ski bags and other luggage into the car. Will the lip that's normally flush with the back of the rear seat get crushed/deformed?

My OEM mat that shipped with my car fits perfect and is a soft thick sticky rubber. It's perfect, sticky enough that boxes don't slide, but not so much that you can't push stuff towards the front with the seats folded down.

looks the same as the one in post #12

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

My OEM mat that shipped with my car fits perfect and is a soft thick sticky rubber. It's perfect, sticky enough that boxes don't slide, but not so much that you can't push stuff towards the front with the seats folded down.

looks the same as the one in post #12

Good to know, that's the same one I just picked up.

No worries about crushing/deforming that lip with a bunch of weight on it?

I also agree about the grip of this material. The one I had in there before was too slick, this one seems like a perfect medium for grippy and not-too-grippy.

awesome!

where did you get it from?

The dealership.

Found a couple online that were cheaper per unit price, but once you added shipping it was more expensive than the local dealership.

Paid $68 and some change out the door.

No worries about crushing/deforming that lip with a bunch of weight on it?

that's the only downside. If you fold the rear seats down, you have that lip sticking up and in the way. Mine is bent slightly towards the front, butt still stays upright enough to hold minor spills and snowmelt.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

that's the only downside. If you fold the rear seats down, you have that lip sticking up and in the way. Mine is bent slightly towards the front, butt still stays upright enough to hold minor spills and snowmelt.

Good to know.

That's my only concern. I assume with the seats in the upright position it'd push the lip back up to a more vertical position.

Archived