So I figured I'd finally create myself a build thread after being around here for a bit. This will actually be a build thread for my second Legacy.
My first was a 2009 GT which I got brand new off the showroom floor. Literally. Searched and searched for a Legacy and finally found one in Northern Maryland. Went up to look at it and it was in the showroom. Last GT in the area. Automatic unfortunately, but I had to have it.
Night I drove it home:
About 55K miles later, she looked like this:
Subaru denied my warranty saying that I had a line lock and was hot-rodding the car. If you look in the previous picture, you can see my "line lock" (Grimmspeed Master Cylinder Brace).
Had IAG in Westminster, MD build me a motor using an STi shortblock and VF-52.
After a few years she looked like this:
Well last December (2013), I found a Spec. B not far from me up in PA. Went up and looked at it, and it was exactly what I had been looking for.
Original FS thread: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea....html?t=217352
When I first brought her home:
Not long after, had IAG swap the motors between the 2 cars and took the blue one back to (mostly) stock. During this, installed and external wastegate installed and threw the Spec. B on the dyno. Spun the rollers to 360HP and 386 ft/lb.
Few months later, she looked like this:
Disaster struck again in July 2014 and on a drive back from WV, lost all oil and the motor died.
Month or so later, talked to Phil and Andrew at Element Tuning and pulled the trigger on an Element Tuning Pro Comp long block. It's a small operation so knew it would be a while before they would be ready for the car so I decided to go ahead and install my air ride.
While I'm waiting, Andrew is sending me pics of the parts they're collecting.
Finally, in the beginning of December, Andrew called me up and told me they were ready for the car.
New Motor together:
In the car:
Video of her running:
- New OEM Sti Block Halves
- New Sti Forged Crank
- Element Tuning Closed Deck Block
- Element Tuning Manley Forged Pistons
- Element Tuning 4340 H-Beam Forged Rods
- Element Tuning Main Bearings
- Element Tuning Rod Bearings
- New OEM Heads
- +1mm Intake and Exhaust Valves
- Head Port/Blend
- Element Tuning Competition Valve Springs
- BC 280 Cams
- STi 11mm Oil Pump
- Grimmspeed Lightweight Crank Pulley
- Killer B Oil Pan
- Killer B Pickup
- Killer B Windage Tray
- VF-52 Turbo
- Grimmspeed Turbo Heat Shield
- Forge BPV
- Turbosmart Comp 40 External WG
- Grimmspeed Top Mount Intercooler
- CNT Catted Downpipe (Soon to be Grimmspeed)
- Stromung Quad Tip Cat-Back Exhaust
- KSTech 73mm Intake
- Cobb Accessport (Soon to be Hydra)
- Grimmspeed Oil Cap
- Grimmspeed Radiator Shroud
- Accuair Touchpad E-Level
- Accuair iLevel
- Airlift Front Struts
- Airlift Rear Struts
- Dual 400c Viar Compressors
- Dual Specialty Suspensions 3 Gallon Seamless Tanks
- Hotchikis 25mm Front and Rear Sway Bars
- Kartboy Endlinks
- Whiteline Rear Control Arms
- Whiteline Roll Center Kit
- Varrstoen ES6 18x9.5 +35
- 225/40 Continental ExtremeContact DWS
- JDM Spats
- M3 Style Trunk Lip Spoiler
- Rear Window Spoiler
- FX-R Bixenon Retrofit
- Grimmspeed License Plate Relocation
- Defi Advance BF Control Unit
- Defi Advance BF Boost Pressure (Imperial)
- Defi Advance BF Oil Pressure (Imperial)
- Defi Advance BF Oil Temperature (Imperial)
- Custom Dual Gauge Vent Pod
- Alpine INE-W957
- JL Audio 900/5
- Infinity Kappa 60.9cs Front Speakers
- Infinity Kappa 63.9i Rear Speakers
- JL-Audio 10w3v3
- Wicked CAS Subwoofer Enclosure