LegacyGT.com

These tires are ruining the ownership experience of my Legacy

godwhomismike

:RANT ON:

The tires are completely ruining my experience with this car. Of all the tires I've ever used on various cars, some I've used the cheapest economy tires, the tires on the Legacy are shit, complete and absolute shit. In the past 7 years I've never dealt with tires are bad as these. About 8 months back another tire split right on the bead. Tonight I discovered a bubble in the side wall of my front passenger side tire. I've never seen quality as bad as these. And WTF is with the price of them - $207!!! WTF is that!!! These tires suck trying to drive through a parking garage, they are ok in the rain (but then again that could just be the AWD), in the snow they break loose very quick, the tires are always tripping over themselves when making turns, the ride is pretty rough, and half the time I always feel like I got a flat tire. I check the pressures and they are all balance - 35 psi front and 33 psi in the rear. These tires sometimes make my car feel like it rides worse than my Kia at times. Misery!!!! :mad:

:RANT OFF:

Yeah, the suckstones suck in wet and snow. Considering how hard and fast I drive, I would rate them a 7.5/10 in the dry. Their adhesion limit is not that low and is consistent/predictable, but when you push it, they cry.
I keed I keeed

Replacement of the RE92's should be every owner's first modification. The sad thing is you can go buy something like a Falken Azenis ST115 for $110 a piece and get much better performance.

:RANT ON:

The tires are completely ruining my experience with this car. Of all the tires I've ever used on various cars, some I've used the cheapest economy tires, the tires on the Legacy are shit, complete and absolute shit. In the past 7 years I've never dealt with tires are bad as these. About 8 months back another tire split right on the bead. Tonight I discovered a bubble in the side wall of my front passenger side tire. I've never seen quality as bad as these. And WTF is with the price of them - $207!!! WTF is that!!! These tires suck trying to drive through a parking garage, they are ok in the rain (but then again that could just be the AWD), in the snow they break loose very quick, the tires are always tripping over themselves when making turns, the ride is pretty rough, and half the time I always feel like I got a flat tire. I check the pressures and they are all balance - 35 psi front and 33 psi in the rear. These tires sometimes make my car feel like it rides worse than my Kia at times. Misery!!!! :mad:

:RANT OFF:

would you be happier if the Legacy cost $500 more and you got better tires?

go replace them. did it after 3000 miles on the wife's WRX - they were a frickin' safety hazard. i have some snow tires on another set of wheels for the LGT, so i'll just beat on my RE-92's for a while. :D

i got some Continental ContiExtreme Contact tires for the WRX and they work very well all year long. they were like $89/each for the WRX (16"), but they are $108 for the LGT. i'd recommend them - probably what i'll get when i get sick of the Crapola-92's on the LGT. :D

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ContiExtremeContact&partnum=145WR7CEC&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&place=1

would you be happier if the Legacy cost $500 more and you got better tires?

go replace them. did it after 3000 miles on the wife's WRX - they were a frickin' safety hazard. i have some snow tires on another set of wheels for the LGT, so i'll just beat on my RE-92's for a while. :D

The dumb part is they are not cheap ($200+) suonds like tires 1/2 the price ($110 Falkins ) are better. So we could have paid LESS and got better tires.:(

The dumb part is they are not cheap ($200+) suonds like tires 1/2 the price ($110 Falkins ) are better. So we could have paid LESS and got better tires.:(

nothing you get from the dealer will cost less.

$200+ ? they are $164 at Tire Rack.

It doesn't come from the dealer, the RE92A are an OEM supply to Subaru and therefore is cheaper for Subaru because of volume shipments.

Now with a base price that is cheaper than the RE92A and volume pricing, Subaru and us can get better tires for less $$$$.

I keed I keeed

Now with a base price that is cheaper than the RE92A and volume pricing, Subaru and us can get better tires for less $$$$.

they can't if they have a contract with Bridgestone.

Off course, off course. Since Bridgestones are used on Subaru's whole lineup, it is probably not financially feasible todo so.

Sometimes you gotta say the obvious since Stupid On Arrival doesn't get it unless it's hammered in. :)

I keed I keeed

Discount tire direct has free ground shipping right now, Hannok tires starting at 71/ea

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/sortTires.do?vid=009190&yr=2005&cs=215&ar=45&rd=17&sw=false&c=1&sortOrder=Price&pager.offset=0

Hell even p-zeros are only 122 bucks

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Archived