LegacyGT.com

Intake Silencer Removal/warrantee?

I just removed my intake silencer and am wondering if it will void the warrantee given to us by subaru. My current warrantee is 3 yrs/60,000miles. I know if you put a new air filter in and the engine breaks they wont repair it... But simply removing a part that subaru added to muffle sound?, will that void our warrantee? My dealership said any engine mods will void my warrantee, should i just go to another service center for my Legacy?

Additionally, does anyone know any mod friendly dealerships/service centers in Masachussets near Amherst? I will be attending college there this upcoming september so i'm hoping ill find a mod-friendly dealership up there.

Thanks-

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

I can't think that the muffler would make much of a difference in anything. Theoretically if your engine goes for some other reason (statistically impossible for an intake sound chamber on the outside of the filter will make that happen) AND you get an ethically challenged and anal-retentive service department, they might throw it back in your face.

Engine mods usually means Manual Boost controllers, inappropriate fuel injectors, or other direct-acting part replacements that could cause an actual malfunction. Something as mundane as an intake silencer is not likely to generate much ire.

As for dealers in massachussets, I am no help there.

Archived