LegacyGT.com

VF52 and Infamous Tune

subiedad51

Just figured I post up some impressions on the VF52 turbo swap and my experiences with Infamous1. Frist off my relevant mods: Perrin TMIC, Perrin Divorced Catted DP, Perrin Mid/Y, AVO panel filter. Before swapping the VF52 I had the same mods with a TA map. The car is 07 5MT with 81,000 miles (I drive alot of highway miles every day). I went Stage 2 around 60k.

Infamous1 - All I can say is this guy is a first class, professional operator. His turnaround on my logs was lightning quick. He answered all of my stupid Noob questions too :) He starts off with a mild safe tune and works his magic through the 6 or 7 revisions. He explains what he's doing in each tune and what's adjusted. His tunes truley unleash the power of the GT. I would recommend him to anyone.

VF52 - My comparison is based on the VF46. Probably nothing earth shattering here but figured I post some real world driving impressions and statistics.

Spool Time - The VF52 definitely spools slower. In fact the car feel somewhat slower when driving mildly and under 3000 rpms. Based on the logs the VF46 was hitting peak boost around 2850-2900 Rpms. The VF52 is hitting peak around 3100 rpms. I'm tuned for about 20 psi and I'm consistently hitting around 19.6-19.8

Boost Range - The VF46 peaks earlier and starts losing steam around 5800 rpms. The VF52 is still around 14psi at 5800 and tapers down to the 11.2-11.5 psi range around 6300 rpms.

Butt driving impressions - when driven the way our cars should be :) the VF52 pulls incredibly hard compared the VF46 - 2nd, 3rd and 5th gear especially. The power is where you want it - I'm not concerned about the power tapering down since I never really drive the car to that RPM range anyway. I'm stilling getting around 26-27 mpg on the highway under normal driving. I also logged some 0-60 times on my AP. I don't know how accurate they are but my pre VF52 0-60 times were between 5.3.-5.5 With the VF52 I've hit 4.8 with a launch around 3200 rpms. Again - no flamming on the times it's what my ap says :)

I plan on going to a dyno when someone around NJ has a dyno day. Infamous is estimating somewhere around 280/315wtq or so. Something tells me a fuel pump and bigger injectors will be coming soon :)

One other thing I noticed in regards to SI-DRIVE. Before modding I felt very little difference between Sport and Sport # - However, now the car is a completely different beast in Sport # - I understand it only affects the throttle position but the difference is night and day now.

:) That will be next for sure. The injectors aren't maxed out yet since the 07's have the topfeeds but some DW's and a pump are definitely in the very near future. First up though will be a few suspension mods since the car feels like it's gonna lift off with the stock springs/sways etc...

On the 05's with the sidefeeds you definitely need bigger injectors and a fuel pump. The 07's changed to Topfeeds which are fine with Pump Gas. However without the FP and bigger injectors you're definitely leaving some power on the table.

Archived