LegacyGT.com

Just Playing around with Gauges...

sportwagon

I've got pics of several variations of gauge set ups yo!

But seriously, now I've gotta put them back in, which means I've got to decide how I like them best... and possibly, (hint hint) how everyone else likes them best!

Terms and conditions: equipment: 3 Defi BF Gauges, with free angle mounts and cups with visors. Wiring by daisy chain link to a control unit in ashtray.

I'll take suggestions and take pics (if I can understand your description) of ideas you guys might have. But anyway you know how useless these posts are if there are no pictures so I'll start with them:

gauges-01.jpg.0c8a3db5be01add285ec54d855a677b4.jpg

gauges-02.jpg.c6adcb13e2d68f458d7b50db84377d55.jpg

gauges-03.jpg.c09bed5fccbfec5bb059d1060ba8b768.jpg

gauges-04.jpg.72e36b576c59f7e97d8799a0ecef27bf.jpg

gauges-05.jpg.a9079b1d746af93df64f0388f2aa4079.jpg

gauges-06.jpg.80f117f824a452f7bc593c08a5bda9e2.jpg

gauges-07.jpg.44fa35c0331ea3cc141cf72a81beb53f.jpg

gauges-08.jpg.8260e6e89e1d8ad09b6697385169c751.jpg

gauges-09.jpg.92ff723e120229efd1e10fce6260e7a6.jpg

gauges-10.jpg.2b852a754c8337d83c153f587c93caac.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about on/in the A-pillar?? I like the gauges out of the way.

The problem with the A-pillar is the airbag in there. Granted it doesn't extend all the way down, but you'd be hard pressed to fit 2, let alone 3 in the space where there is no airbag.

I like them out of the way too. I'm not crazy about any of the locations pictured.

The problem with the A-pillar is the airbag in there. Granted it doesn't extend all the way down, but you'd be hard pressed to fit 2, let alone 3 in the space where there is no airbag.

I like them out of the way too. I'm not crazy about any of the locations pictured.

Yeah, what he said!

Please understand this post is with me not owning my LGT yet.

I was thinking there might be room above the rear view mirror for 3 gauges. Kinda out of the way, and not in a common spot. Yet visible enough to be useful. I dunno. It was just something that popped into my head the other day. Does anyone have a picture of the Rear View mirror and the ammount of space above it? I'd like to see if it's something that's possible.

Sorry about being a newB. If this post is stupid, I apologize.

yea, i was also thinking about how it might be nice to put them on the roof but too bad cuz of the moonroof...

is there any option to these three gauges? i'm new to aftermarket gauges and was wondering if there were any options besides these (also if these are our best bet; whether defi had any good competitors?)? i've read up on the delta dash, but that requires a laptop, correct? there has to be a better way.

...and try mounting them on your windshield!!!

left...so it out if the way of the side curtain airbag...along the a-pillar!!!

center...below rearview mirror or l , r and below rearview mirror!!!

If you have a limo black tint 5"-7" windshield banner ... try mounting it hi on the drivers side like where the vanity mirror would be if you bring it down to block the sunlight!!!

Just a thought,

CRAZY KEN

A PILLAR! Despite what all have said, I decided to put my defi BF on my a pillar. I bolted it on the lower portion, however I think it will be very possible to continue up the a pillar because there is like a 1/2 inc space between the a pillar and airbag. Take off teh A pillar see for yourself.

Please understand this post is with me not owning my LGT yet.

I was thinking there might be room above the rear view mirror for 3 gauges. Kinda out of the way, and not in a common spot. Yet visible enough to be useful. I dunno. It was just something that popped into my head the other day. Does anyone have a picture of the Rear View mirror and the ammount of space above it? I'd like to see if it's something that's possible.

Sorry about being a newB. If this post is stupid, I apologize.

I held them up there to see what it looked like... It's probably possible, but I don't think I have enough length of wire to get from the ashtray up there! It is a unique idea!

Ooh I like that spot for the control unit.. removing the cigarette lighter.. any more details of how you did that?

I hacked the sh#t out of the ashtray... with an exacto knife! :lol: I didn't have a dremmel!

It was something I had planned on doing... and just said, "f#*k I'm gonna do it!" It worked great! I've got some "touching up" to do, but for the most part it is perfect! You see, the thing that was perfect for it was the springy swivel action of the ashtray holder mechanism that was perfect! The actual defi control unit swivels inside about 45 degrees utilizing this mechanism, so it can push back when the door closes. There's a thread in int/audio forums called "new use for ashtray" that I started which I had planned on doing a DIY walkthrough on, but there has been no interest yet!

I held them up there to see what it looked like... It's probably possible, but I don't think I have enough length of wire to get from the ashtray up there! It is a unique idea!

You can get wire anywhere! ;) Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo it! :D

The Defi Control Unit mounted in the ashtray - MONEY! I have to second Th3Franz and ask for details on that install.

Thanks! I like it! I'm actually proud of myself for this little mod! ;) Took some balls to cut the thing up... especially with only heavy duty scissors and an exacto knife! :p

You can get wire anywhere! ;) Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo it! :D

It is a special defi wire, that has special plugs! I'm not ready to use that area yet! My antenna for my remote start/alarm was right in that spot on my ole' W, so I'm leaving it open for know! If you really want to see it... I'll try to hold them up there and take a pic, but they won't be on!

I'm open to other suggestions from everyone! If you're think about a spot in your car... let me know... if I can, I'll try it & take pics, so you can have a visual before you make any decisions!

A PILLAR! Despite what all have said, I decided to put my defi BF on my a pillar. I bolted it on the lower portion, however I think it will be very possible to continue up the a pillar because there is like a 1/2 inc space between the a pillar and airbag. Take off teh A pillar see for yourself.

Got any pics?

Archived