LegacyGT.com

cams and aftermarket enigine parts

Get a tuning solution before you start buying hard parts. if you cant tune the car, then all the bolt-ons and engine parts will go to waste since you wont be making the most of them. FYI you will not get good bang for your buck trying to make your n/a sube make more power. you are better off saving up to buy a turbo car.

^+1

and you bought the wrong car to "soupe up" if you want a legacy that easy to find parts for, you need a 2001 and up. im still having trouble finding certain parts for my car and ive been at it for over a year.

and as far as the cams go. for some reason i can fins decent cams for 400 bucks but i cant fins the lifters or rods to go with them....go figure

Unless you have a second vehicle, I don't think making major modifications to any vehicle is worth it. I now have a Legacy because I spent the last three years modifying my Jeep to the point where I no longer want to daily drive it (too tall, too loud, too low gas mileage, etc). You also have to consider the time any vehicle will spend sitting in the garage on jack stands while its being worked on. How are you going to get to school / work if your only car is sitting on one side of the garage and the motor is sitting on the other?

My suggestion would be to keep the thing in good shape for a few years and save up some money in a 'toy fund.' Once you've saved up enough cash, buy a daily driver and go to town on the Subaru.

a 97 legy isnt worth doing much to unfortunatly. all it worth is some bolt ons like pullys, intake, exhaust, short throw, maybe a lowering kit. but nothing major like internals or anything, youd be better off buying and 05+ lgt thats already turbod from the factory and mod from there

One thing you can do though it is major surgery, is to buy a JDM twin turbo motor. They came in the legacy in Japan around 280 stock hp.I plan to try in the near future but for now the renewed dohc will do fine. ( Though those 05 gt's are sweet )

G

One thing you can do though it is major surgery, is to buy a JDM twin turbo motor. They came in the legacy in Japan around 280 stock hp.I plan to try in the near future but for now the renewed dohc will do fine. ( Though those 05 gt's are sweet )

G

hate to break it to you but unless your car is RHD then that twin turbo motor wont fit....i was able to get ahold of one of those twin turbo kits straight from japan off another legacy and it wouldnt clear the steering controls because of LHD. i was so mad

i had the opportunity to get a right hand drive same year and evrything for $1500 but i didnt have the money at the time

didnt have the money. 1500 rof a rhd leggy i would have robbed a few habib stores. i wish ida known about that, i keep 1500 in my wallet lol. when your a contractor, you never know what might come up on a job that requires quick cash in large sums.

that guy is a pure.....IDIOT. :lol: . first off he legacy wrong in the title. theres too much rust and its an auto. and he says the sameing thing over and over again: quote:asking $2,000 OBO or trades has to be a running import car or truck RWD OR MR has to be a manual trades has to be a running import car or truck RWD OR MR has to be a manual

i think it fine to mod an N/A 2.5 im doing it rite now. unless you want a lot of power that is. i just want to not keep blowing my engine and trans so im spending way to much money to fix that. but also it will be a fun engine, and also rare and thats cool with me. just figure out what you want and ask about the parts. i get alot of crap on all car sites (even this one) for spending all that money on a car with only 300hp but its what i wanted for a long time.

i was able to get custom pistons and rods when i ordered the stroker kit (BC) and cams (also BC) and darton sleeves so in that area im looking @ honda typeR numbers as far as compression goes. metal head gaskets, moroso oil pan, 370cc inj+ 255 walbro fuel pump, stock poished intake manifold, sti coil and plug wires w/ iridium plugs, ported and polished cyl head with Ti springs and valve upgrade, custom intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, custom ecu (thanks andy), balaned crank w/ lighter pully and fly wheel... what am i forgeting... oh no abs pump or ac pump, alot of rerouting of things( vacuume lines and all new braided hoses + a partial wire tuck), larger radiator (core from a crown vic) i know im forgeting more stuff and thats ust the engine i have more done to the trans and rear diff but ive been typing for a while now.

Archived