In 2012 I needed a car, preferably one that could carry all of my windsurfing-sailing,-scuba diving-camping crap.
After looking at a lot of underwhelming and over priced German cars and Japanese cars that begin with I & L, fahr_side suggested I not be an idiot and take a look at the 5th Gen LGT Wagon. After a test drive, I liked it so much I bought it right there.
As soon as it was broken in at 10k km, I went stage 1, at 16k km I went stage 2 and at 22k km, after swearing I would never do it, I went stage 3. Right now we have about 52k km on the car.
The general goal of the build was for the appearance, sound, functionality and reliability to remain as stock as possible while getting as much reliable power as possible.
Where we are at this point...
Where I live car comes only as an EDM 5EAT and currently is set up as follows:
- fahr-side ROM & MAF scaling
- Hardrace LCA bushings*
- Whiteline 24mm rear sway bar / 26mm front sway bars*
- Kartboy end-links
- Poly bushings for rear dif
- Koni 8610 1447Sport Front, 8010 1055 Sport Rear
- RCE Black springs
Wheels & Brakes
- Enkei SC-24 8J-18 45 offset*
- RE11A 225/45-18
- Front 356mm floating slotted 2 piece,*6-pot CB6P PB claps
- Rear 330mm 4-pot floating slotted 2 piece CM4P PB claps
Engine & Exhaust
- Oil cooler
- Tranny cooler
- Racer X TMIC
- Custom hybrid turbo with VF-54 housings and TD05H-18G billet compressor.
- Custom braided stainless steel turbo oil feed line
- Snow Performance Stage 2 water-methanol injection kit with No 5 nozzle
- DW300 fuel pump.*
- Turbosmart Kompact BPV
- Custom SS 63MM exhaust with turbo style cans and resonator
- Custom downpipe 200 cell cat
- EBCS 3-port boost controller
- LC-2 Wideband O2
- VBG1 Gauge
I couldn’t be happier with the car right now: It runs strongly, it handles well, rides smoothly, serves well as my DD and regularly embarrasses much more expensive hardware. In other words I probably shouldn't screw with it….But, we want ….moar…
So, this is the plan:
- BW EFR 7163 V-Band EWG
- Manley 99.75 Pistons
- STi exhaust cams
- ACL Bearings
- ARP Studs
- Belt & Pulley (Since the engine is out)
- Alloy radiator
- Hardrace engine mounts
- Custom header to v-band and v-band cat pipe
- Custom FMIC from 335i core
- Custom intake
- Omni Power 3bar MAP
- Fuel injectors DW850
- Turbosmart 45 wastegate
- Re-t00n and up the RQ & CT
This week we're placing the turbo and mocking up the header pipes...
I'm more than happy to hear any input since this is a bit terra incognita...