LegacyGT.com

Update from Soda Popinski's exploded engine - SOA will warrantee

We moved from a flat out rejection, to me contacting SOA.

SoA indicated that the field rep rejected the warrantee due to lack of oil, and the car had an altered suspension, and the vehicle was operated in a inoperable state.

After reviewing the service records from the dealer, they moved to immediately make me an offer for 50% of the total repairs, including the rental I've had for 2 weeks now.

SoA has indicated that the ECU was compliant and there was no proof that the mods on the car specifically caused the engine to rupture, the oil was serviced regularly and the car had been certified as running safe and within spec when brought back to the dealer on complaint of burning oil.

I have escilated the offer without acceptance or rejection to the VP of customer service and explained that I believe the warrantee should be covered completely, that although the vehicle had been operated after the initial problem was heard, according to the warrantee fine print I have met all qualifications.

Im currently awaiting a formal reply, but the fact that they offered 50% instead of locking it out means they cannot legally do so because they can't prove what the field rep said.

Once the warrantee is agreed upon I'll post the details, and hopefully it can help someone else in the future lest they become stranded due to a faulty engine.

so still trying to weasel coverage after cleverly hiding all the stuff you posted about un-marrying your AP

I thought a dealer was able to detect the use of an AP even after it was unmarried?

i don't see them finding anything other than all the monitors being incomplete or failed for the ecm if you unmarry the ap, i'm not sure how a subaru ecm but it can't be diffrent than any other car ecm unless its a specb ofcoarse i heard those are special from a special racing development team:p

so still trying to weasel coverage after cleverly hiding all the stuff you posted about un-marrying your AP

I was gonna say where the hell is his original thread with all the editing hiding the incriminating evidence?:lol:

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Guest heightsgtltd
What's your damage weinerdog? It's certainly not the brightest to post about that on here but SOA knows about the guy's mods and still feel that they had nothing to do with the problem

It's not the brightest for ME to post about this???!!!???

How the hell do you think I found out about it??

It's people like this that modify their car then go crying to their mommy when it breaks that make warranty claims a complete pain in the ass for the rest of us. Ok, so SOA gives him a new engine. What about the next guy that has a clogged turbo oil feed filter? How many of those were NOT covered?

All I have to say is, "Who is gonna pay for the $20 of oil i had to put in my car? Who is gonna pay for my ruined [aftermarket] exhaust that is now coated in oil?"

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Guest heightsgtltd
You are insane and perhaps paranoid as I was talking about the OP not being the brightest to post on here and not you

Archived