LegacyGT.com

Natick/Framingham Meet

ClimberDHexMods

SATURDAY, FEB 28th:

Framingham Meet

1:00pm @ Casa Brasil

[ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=brazilian+restaurant,+framingham+ma&jsv=147d&sll=42.3319,-71.323586&sspn=0.164972,0.304871&ie=UTF8&latlng=42298243,-71406780,12320352175670404495&ei=aOmmSdKdEoK4M7bFHA&cd=1]Casa Brasil‎[/ame] - [ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=brazilian+restaurant,+framingham+ma&jsv=147d&sll=42.3319,-71.323586&sspn=0.164972,0.304871&ie=UTF8&latlng=42298243,-71406780,12320352175670404495&ei=aOmmSdKdEoK4M7bFHA&cd=1]more info »[/ame]

290 Worcester Rd, Framingham, MA‎ - (508) 875-4949‎

"When you are headed WEST on Rt 9 go past the Natick Collection Mall, the "gauntlet" of traffic lights including Shoppers World, and Walmart.. Go up and over the hill and slow way down and get in the right lane (potholes galore) as you go UNDER the Rt 126/Concord street bridge and take the right (Beacon St) and take your first right so you can head RIGHT on Rt 126/Concord St (South) and take your first right after crossing Rt 9 (The overpass/bridge) so you can loop back onto Rt 9 EAST, and as you are headed up the hill Casa Basil is on the right... as soon as you make that loop around and get going back the way you came.

In short, if headed West on Route 9, take a right immediately after the the RT126/Concord St Overpass, then use it to loop around back to Route 9 East. Casa Brasil will be on your right.

AS ALWAYS, NO ILLEGAL DRIVING OR DISTURBING THE PEACE OR YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Proposed meet:

Edit: Now 1PM

Saturday, Feb 21, 1:00pm @ Shoppers World, Framingham. It is the plaza with Best Buy, Sports Authority, Office Depot, Toys'r'us, etc.

We'll meet in the middle of one of the parking rows with an area of empty spots closer to the DSW (back section) of the big parking lot.

Say also whether you want to do a lunch at

http://www.backbayrestaurantgroup.com/bbrg/Image/logo_joes.gif

Joe's American Bar & Grill.

Who's in?

1. ClimberD

http://www.joesamerican.com/bbrgjoes/pixel.gifhttp://www.joesamerican.com/bbrgjoes/pixel.gif

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I'm in.

Plus, there's John Harvards, TGI-Fridays, Olive Garden, and much more should people not like Joe's

EDIT: Btw, this is the Saturday bookending Feb. Vacation week for MA Public. Don't think it matters though

I'm in.

Plus, there's John Harvards, TGI-Fridays, Olive Garden, and much more should people not like Joe's

EDIT: Btw, this is the Saturday bookending Feb. Vacation week for MA Public. Don't think it matters though

I'm in for any restaurant people prefer. I find you can't lose with Joe's, though it's not very unique.

What's the vacation for? I noted President's Day Weekend is next weekend, which is why this is the week after.

rice rocket just saw your post, I'm sorry for not seeing it sooner... I have down Saturday Feb 21! (see above). Sounds like you're able to make a Saturday meet though, so I hope to meet you in 2 weeks.

I would feel a little weird not showing for this one... seeing its virtually in my back yard.

Saturday afternoons have traditionally been rather crowded at the mall though... even with the economy in such horrendous shape there will likely be too many "shoppers" even if they aren't buying anything.

I would feel a little weird not showing for this one... seeing its virtually in my back yard.

Saturday afternoons have traditionally been rather crowded at the mall though... even with the economy in such horrendous shape there will likely be too many "shoppers" even if they aren't buying anything.

Changed the time to 1pm to accommodate one member who has work at 4:00pm. If that conflicts with anyone else now, please say so.

I talked with my girlfriend about how busy it would be as well, and I'm also thinking we should consider a new location. Any ideas?

I'll swing by the area at 1pm next Saturday if nothing else turns up. There are a bunch of local restaurants that would say yes to having us if we patronize their establishment.

i was there yesterday around 1 to get a burrito and the parking lot was insanely packed.

Time to pick a new location. Anyone, please make a suggestion if you know a good place. Thanks!

I like the idea of Jordan's parking lot. Haven't heard of Casa Brasilis, but open to it. I'll be there on this Saturday anyways, so we can keep hearing suggestions and make the call early next week.

Jordon's Furniture is a great place to meet up. Unfortunately there was a fairly large meet last summer that got way out of hand... most folks were very well behaved... but a few were driving too fast... doing donuts...etc.

The result was even though the well behaved Subaru people did get permission for the meet in advance, the management called the cops to break up the meet... and as a result we are no longer welcomed in this area. The same thing happened the year before on the Natick Mall/Collection parking garage. While there are only going to be approximately ~ 1/2 dozen or so of us at this next meet, it only takes one phone call to the Natick PD, and we can be told to leave. I would rather not find out the hard way that Jordon's / Kelly's doesn't want us around their establishment.

Casa Brasilis is not even a 1/4 mile up the road on the east bound side of Rt 9.. just a tad past Rt 126... another option would be the "Samba" Brazilian barbeque/sushi place.. about 1 1/2 miles up Rt. 9... maybe a 1/4 mile past Temple St (also on the east bound side).

Or, even better, we could try Minados (next to Town Fair Tyre in the Sherwood Plaza sort of behind of the Pizza Hut place). Minados is fairly expensive... typically like ~ $28/person, but they do have excellent food - Japanese Buffet sea food. I wouldn't be surprised to see this place mobbed though.

I just posted in the tint/meet thread. If the OP can organize it more as a meet, then who in here is content with going up to Bedford (roughly 30 minutes) to have one big meet instead of the 2 smaller meets at the same time (this thread being one)?

Whatever the majority decides will be what happens. Keep in mind the two meet times up in Bedford would be the 21st and 28th. Then we would probably go back to focusing on the Natick/Framingham area. Please post your selection.

Archived