LegacyGT.com

safe and best for you lgt

bdickey058

the cobb one throws off the MAF scaling too. even if you just get a panel filter it throws off the scaling.

if you want an intake you need to get it tuned for or there's the possibility of running dangerously lean or rich.

I have an AEM CAI and love it. not screeching loud like the SPT I had before it, but still nice audible turbo and car noises. they dont seem to have much effect on the stock turbo, but are able to flow more air.

icic, so should i just get a bov instead of the intake, i want the noise!!!! i love the sound of my buddys cai on his speed 6, it sucks like a expensive hooker!!!! what do you think i should get. i mean i dont want a check engine light but i want the noise ahhhh any suggestions

icic, so should i just get a bov instead of the intake, i want the noise!!!! i love the sound of my buddys cai on his speed 6, it sucks like a expensive hooker!!!! what do you think i should get. i mean i dont want a check engine light but i want the noise ahhhh any suggestions

Panel filter and remove the silencer. Done.;)

Ive heard a lot of horror stories about removing the intake silencer. Matter of fact there was a thread on this site that showed how to do it but it no longer there. I heard it messes with your gas mileage a lot too. in a bad way!!!!!!

What if you plug the hole where the silencer use to be?

That's what I did with mine.

I don't see how it can effect anything if it is plugged.

Just a suggestion :rolleyes:

Ive heard a lot of horror stories about removing the intake silencer. Matter of fact there was a thread on this site that showed how to do it but it no longer there. I heard it messes with your gas mileage a lot too. in a bad way!!!!!!

Doubtful Been running that way for awhile.

there have been reported situations of the cobb intake making the car run leaner...i'm not gonna search but they're there.

theres also same situations of people having intake issues after the silencer delete. oscillating MAF and also leaning out. before you make any decision search around to make sure its the right one for you...

The only "horror stories" I've read...are the same as running something like the aem...

(and I haven't heard it much..the 08+wrx and sti don't have the silencer anymore..the hole is plugged)

is that you potentially run the risk of water getting into the intake...and on to the maf...

it happened to me frequently with the aem..on flash flood days, where more than a foot of water was present on streets along curbs etc...

just adding an intake isn't going to do much at all, and is a big no no without a tune...but combined with other add on's and a tune it can be beneficial...

The only "dip" I've ever seen in gas mileage from an intake is from people driving more aggressively....so they can hear the sound :lol:

I had the aem on my car for almost 2 years and loved it... during that time we had record amounts of rain and water on the maf occurred prolly 4 times...I just learned to stay out of the puddles along the curb :rolleyes:

On the new car I have removed the front snorkel and added a k&n filter panel...

Archived