LegacyGT.com

Your opinion and why Ions vs Pinks

peteyjr

I'm near decision time and there are two group buys for springs going on for similar products. JDM pinks by EDO and Ions from another. Both have similar spring rates, don't drop the LGT too much and are of High quality. I'm leaning towards the Ions since I will be changing the stockies to Koni's as well. Any thought , Pics ?

I had Ion's on stock struts which worked great for a while, but eventually it didn't matter since the stock struts were so weak. I have bilsteins and pinks now which is much better but can be harsh sometimes. I think its a wash between the the two springs. Just remember that the rear tends to sag even though the car sits pretty much level. You can install spacers in the rear so it won't sag as much when you have a heavy load in the car. The main thing is to get rid of the stock struts which it looks like you will. Also if you haven't got rid of the stock brake pads you should probably do that too.

We have iON springs on all 9 of our Subarus in the family. I've personally tried the Pink's as well as the Swifts on other local LGT's and compared to the iON's they're not as nice (read compliant) on the road and don't feel as responsive on the track.

Archived