LegacyGT.com

Did VEIL stain / damage your Subaru headlights ?

f1anatic

Did VEIL stain or damage your Subaru headlights ? Did it discolor them ? Did it make the plastic "fade"; "hazy"; "peel"; "crack" ? did the dye sip into the lens ?

Thanks

The VEIL that I am asking about is this, below, not the piece of clothing.

http://www.1stradardetectors.com/assets/images/products/TLP_Veil_LaserVeil_Can_3.JPG

^ Is light output still a concern with the latest generation of VEIL (G4)?

Yes, undeniably.

Although tremendously better than with G2, the immediate-previous version, VEIL remains a non-homogeneous coating, and aside from the particulates, its coloration is still dark. G4 is bluish, with the initial coat, versus the grayish base-color of G2 - this, of course, Winky (ABP), and you can see what one single coat looks like:

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u259/TSi_WRX/119-1923_img.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u259/TSi_WRX/119-1920_img.jpg

While one thin coat of G4 will barely produce noticeable light-output decrease, particularly if you're using a +65 solution to our standard 55W headlamps, successive coats will cut into light-output more and more (and will change the color from blue to more gray/black). According to the maker of the product, additional coats of VEIL, layered on top of each other, does not necessarily correspond 1:1 with increased protection against LIDAR - i.e. that the first coat is the most effective, with the least effect of light-output, with additional coats returning with diminishing returns.

With either aftermarket P-n-P or retrofitted HIDs - or, for that matter, HIR high-beams - one single coat of G4 should provide no noticeable dimming. Nevertheless, you will notice the cut-off (with the low-beams) being more fuzzy, due to the simple fact that the overlying VEIL is not optically "perfect."

With my single coat above, my 65W Osram Hypers' output now seems to be between that of what it was, with the factory 55W, and what I remember of it before I applied G4. Having used G2 before, on various other vehicles, G4 has far less such effect than I've previously experienced. My cut-off isn't as sharp as before, but it's certainly nothing to complain about, particularly in terms of real-world usage, versus a "pull up to the garage wall and show it off" kind of deal.

And seb, bro, you know me - you know I'd never try to press my beliefs onto another person. :)

Also, despite what some of my fellow speed detection countermeasures hobbyists have joked, that my car has enough laser jamming power to stop a missile attack :lol: - the truth of the matter is that, at least on local surface streets, I simply don't speed (for one reason or another).

But trust me when I say this:

The "just don't speed" argument doesn't hold much water.

Remember, the speed-measurement devices that the enforcers use are just tools. And as with any other device, it can malfunction - or can be abused.

A simple panning error, whether it be accidental or purposefully induced, can easily cause the enforcer to cite you unfairly. While the enforcement community as well as the makers of these devices would like all of us to believe that these instruments are simply infallible, they're far from such, and * a lot* of grass-roots level, as well as actual legal and professional-level proof, exists to counter such misconceptions.

There's the YouTube group "TheTruthAboutLIDAR," there's Suf Daddy on RadarDetector.net, there's the BBC's two-part prime-time expose of LIDAR problems across the shore. There's the legal fallout from LTI devices being thrown-out of Ohio courts over the course of the last year.

Yes, "not speeding" should work well for all of us.

But sometimes, really, someone who is not speeding at all can get written up, totally by-mistake.

---

Well, your answer is DQed. Your BMWette is faster than the laser beam, you got nothing to worry.

+1.

But it's still slower than teh SRT4 ! :p

---

As f1 may have shared with some of you, we've talked, privately, about VEIL.

Here's my PM to him, regarding the long-term concerns:

I honestly don't know about long-term damage. I have not applied VEIL, either the old G2 or the current G4, long-term, and then removed it later.

With G2, I used that on our family's rental road-trip vehicles. Since I removed it immediately after the trip (lasting up to one week), I have never seen any issues of residuals/stains on the headlights (both "glass" and poly).

With G4, my current coat was applied with G4 first came out, this fall, and I've yet to remove and re-apply. So I honestly don't know.

Some G2 users did report long-term issues, with residual staining that could only be removed via wet-sanding (i.e. removing material), however, at-current, G4 has only been on-market since this fall, and as-such, even the first of us to have gotten G4 (and yes, I was among those) has had it less than 5 months...hardly "long term," IMveryHO, and thus not good data-points.

And before y'all ask, yes, f1 did wonder about applying VEIL to a secondary surface - such as RockBlocker, ClearGuard, Lamin-X, or such an overlay.

Unfortunately, currently, this results in an aesthetically unacceptable (translation from "Allen Speak" = sh1t) appearance..... WK446 on RD.net got a bunch of LaminX to experiment with, and it looked horrible, with most of what's applied flaking off. And yes, we wondered about what would happen if we just peeled-off the excess, the flakes - but in this case, the residual "VEIL-impregnated" Lamin-X was so streaky that it just looked awful, and no-one knew if the IR-attenuating effect of VEIL was conferred to the Lamin-X, or even if so, by what percentage and towards what end.

So, of course, this then wraps back to rao's concern: whether or not this stuff works.

In terms of the pure science - i.e. putting this stuff in a "benchtop/laboratory" setting, and seeing if it actually attenuates IR.....

Yes, it sure does kill IR.

Along with the On-Track LaserShield (and similar, such as their TotalEclipse), it's one of the few commercial products out there that actually does significantly and selectively kills IR, while maintaining visible-light pass-through.

And although manufacturer-level demonstrations are certainly very eye-popping and entertaining, that's not all that's out there (and certainly, in the dog-eat-dog industry of speed-detection countermeasures, the LAST source of information that you'd want to trust would be the manufacturer, or anyone with any level of vested interest in the financial success of a product) - indeed, some of the most convincing evidence to the effectiveness of VEIL in attenuating IR comes from independent/individual hobbyist members of our community.

Is VEIL *the* most effective material out there? Certainly, no - there's other stuff - but VEIL is, so far, the only thing that's widely available and easy (and legal) to procure, and requires nothing but a paintbrush (or airbrush) to apply.

Personally - and this is my honest, deep-down, true belief - I strongly think that there's synergy to be had. I believe that the primary focus still needs to be on a good active laser jammer, but that each thought/step taken towards "completing the package," if you will, in adding layers of passive protective measures, like VEIL, makes the whole greater than the sum of its parts.

Some of us, like me, believe that NO setup is 100%. That no matter what - no matter how many jammers you have, no matter how "good" those jammers are (and yes, my vehicle has a Laser Interceptor, four-head, setup - and that's not even half of it, so I'm not just saying this because I'm being sour about someone else perhaps having better equipment than I have, for the LI is, currently, regarded simply as "The King" of active laser jammers, by a good margin, at that) a well-experienced enforcer can bias things to his favor enough that he'll be able to elicit punch-throughs. The "Officer Fritter meet" proved this point, in showing the ability of the enforcer to set the trap in a particular way, and then, with a highly skilled hand, to try to effect specific targeting of LIDAR, in an attempt *specifically* to defeat jammers.

And even without such dedication and skill, there's still also just blind luck. :lol:

That's why I think that taking the time - and making the sometimes aesthetic sacrifice - to also strengthen "point protection" at these areas of select vulnerability, such as the headlights or the front plate, simply makes good logical sense.

I guess that, to-summarize, I do believe that VEIL works as-advertised.

However, I don't quite believe the hype - that, for example, Happya$$'s Civic, used in the latest VEIL demo videos, is just already "passively optimized" enough that it serves as an extreme(ly optimistic) example of how well VEIL can work (and here, this is a perfect case of such "synergy," even if it is just solely in terms of the passive protective measures on his vehicle - remember in the video, they even said that they also addressed the front plate, and that's also a small, black, vehicle, with a decent LIDAR profile).

I don't, for one minute, believe that VEIL alone can get you that kind of performance.

[ Aside: However, I do believe that VEIL, in-conjunction with a good effort at minimizing OTHER passive concerns (plus a good laser detector, such as the V1, CAN indeed buy you a few crucial moments, particularly at the most common "mid-distance engagements" favored by most area's enforcers, to adjust your speed. Still, this is not to say that VEIL, alone, can make your vehicle, literally, LIDAR-invisible. Nevertheless, it's my fundamental belief that, if you live in a LIDAR-heavy area, your first-line defense, after or at the same time that you get a good detector, should be a good active laser jammer. ]

But I do believe that when you start adding these layers of protection together, you start seeing performance that pushes TOWARDS that end.

:)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ Yes and no.

Currently, no device legal for use in the US, in terms of LIDAR enforcement, shows *RELIABLE* jam-detection.

The Laser Atlanta SpeedLaser III, for example - one of the most technologically advanced of the units used on-road today, and equipped with such "jam-detect" algorithms - will throw both "potential jam" as well as "jam" codes easily and spuriously. This has been demonstrated many times in the hobbyist community, with things like OEM halogen-incandescent DRLs eliciting suprious true "jam" codes.

Other North-American use devices capable of such "jam detection," using older technologies/algorithms, typically will not throw a truly concerning "jam" code unless an old "brute force"-type jammer is used.

Basically, these instruments' assessment of what's a potential jamming or true-jamming occurrence is so unreliable as to make the job of the enforcer/operator essentially impossible in a real-world sense, as well as would, if-utilized as-is in their current state, very likely open both the enforcement community as well as the device-makers to rather troubling legal liability.

And if what you're concerned with is whether or the enforcer/operator would think it strange, that his LIDAR is just not picking up the vehicle, or is displaying an error code.....

Properly used - with the aim of the jammers being to buy you sufficient time to adjust your speed to either PSL or "reasonable," and then shutting off the device so as to hopefully allow the enforcer a reading ("tactical disengagement") - the resultant delay in speed reading or visualized errors should not even remotely cause a problem.

The enforcement community as well as the makers of these police LIDAR devices would like us - the citizenry - to think that not only are these devices infallible (which, as I've addressed in my previous post, is the farthest thing from the truth), but also "instantaneous" in delivering their readings of the targeted vehicle's speed.

The nominal "lock time," from the moment the operator starts "painting" the target to the time the target's distance/speed is displayed and locked on-screen, is typically cited to be within 1/3 of a second, while the vehicle is within the typical operational distances of the device.

Yes, on some devices, lock-times are faster - but on others, lock-time can be quite a bit slower. And at the same time, the operator's own skill, as well as the particulars of the engagement scenario (including the physical "LIDAR profile" of the vehicle targeted) can all *DRASTICALLY* affect "lock time."

You can see delays of upwards of a second, two, or even cases where RANDOM vehicles, without any active jamming device or passive stealth considerations, will simply return with no reading.

As a result, when "tactical disengagement" is properly undertaken, no, it won't necessarily even make the enforcer a bit puzzled.

And finally, currently, there are no devices in-use, in North-America, that allows the enforcer to be able to visually "see" the jammer's output.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

• 4 weeks later...

I have the perfect laser jammer. It's called don't speed like an idiot. It has many benefits including the safety of everyone else on the road. This thread is full of fail and you should be ashamed to try and avoid getting caught for something you obviously know is wrong.

I feel bad for you.

I have the perfect laser jammer. It's called don't speed like an idiot. It has many benefits including the safety of everyone else on the road. This thread is full of fail and you should be ashamed to try and avoid getting caught for something you obviously know is wrong.

I feel bad for you.

http://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=187&pictureid=995

Mom? Is that you? I TOLD you to quit posting on this board! LOL

^ ROFL. :lol:

I feel bad for you.

So you don't speed, at all, correct? You follow every and all traffic rule, regardless of any other safety considerations?

What's the difference between speeding, and "speeding like an idiot?" Is an idiot any person going faster than you? or slower? Is there a difference in going 5+, 10+, or 20+ - or more than that, over the PSL?

:rolleyes:

By the way, do you have any idea how easy it is to corrupt a speed reading on a modern police LIDAR device? Try looking on YouTube for just a few quick examples. Yes, you can even "clock" empty air, at tremendous speeds. Do you know how easy it is for a modern police LIDAR to generate a spurious jam or potential-jam code? Ever see that BBC special/expose on the problems that they're having with LTI devices, in Britain? Oh, and don't bother citing manufacturer specs - we all know, in the real world, just how accurate such claims are :lol: ....the truth is far, far from what these manufacturers make them out to be, and if you've at all observed these devices in the real-world, you'd know that to be the case.

And you also make these accusations without even *knowing* me (or anyone else here, for that matter), personally.

Had you done any research, at all, on the various speed-detection countermeasures Forums (or even on the Forums here), you'd know that the only time (can you say this, for yourself, without even a hint of doubt? well, guess what, I can - it's among my person core beliefs, and is thus something that I know that I do not do) I exceed the posted speed limit is on the open highway, and even then, rarely above 10+ MPH, and even more rarely above prevailing traffic velocities. You'll never find me speeding even 1 MPH (yes, I've got two separate [and three, if I decided to enable it] GPS devices in the vehicle that monitor my road-speed, and at least one is always active) above PSL in a residential neighborhood or through an active school or work zone. My local enforcers, who are well-trained in their tradecraft and will only engage their I/O RADAR if you're, by visual estimation and tracking, at least 3 MPH above PSL, don't even give me a second look. Should I still be ashamed, when soccer-moms yapping away on their cell-phones decide to blow past me at 10+ PSL, in an ACTIVE school zone (you know, with the flashing yellow lights, crossing guard, and kids lined up along the street - yeah, that kind)? Should I feel ashamed for being among the few in my area who actually come to a FULL AND COMPLETE stop at stop-signs?

Go ahead and preach.

We're all big boys and girls here. I don't debate the ethics of the situation.

In so far as I'm concerned, we're all on a slippery slope.

You do realize that by performing a full-optics HID retrofit on your incandescent headlights, you are, by the books, in violation of the law, correct? That no matter what steps you took to insure that your retrofit performs even well above-par to OEMs (including glare-control), that it never will be truly and completely legal. Shouldn't you be ashamed of yourself, too, then? Should I feel bad for you?

I examine these devices based solely on their technical merits (or lack thereof).

And finally, if you think that these devices are there to help the hyperspeeder get away with their dangerous antics?

Think again.

These devices do not make your car invisible - nor is LIDAR the only way in which an enforcer may initialize an enforcement take-down.

There's RADAR, VASCAR (including not only aerial, but also moving [both same-direction as well as opposite]), ENRADD, pacing, and even simple visual estimation.

And ever hear of enforcers pulling people over, "just because," or illegally/without reason? That couldn't happen in the real world, could it?

Even without these other considerations, the simple fact remains that, currently, no active laser jammer or passive measures is PERFECT. In highly variable and totally unpredictable real-world engagement situations, even the *best* such countermeasures can fail, out of simple sheer bad-luck alone - combine this simple fact with the technical effects that "hyperspeeding" would have, in terms of allowing the jammers/countermeasures (and the driver) "time-to-react," and the following conclusion becomes perfectly and crystal-clear:

If you're a habitual "hyperspeeder" or otherwise engage in such dangerous actions, you *will* eventually get caught, no matter what countermeasures you may have, or how well-laid your plans.

Evidence? Search for Auid Blackbird or AgentR8 in either the speed-detection countermeasures community or the semi-legal road-rally community.

^ ROFL.

Looks like Anna's "I don't understand" face. :lol:

Brother TSi+WRX, can you fill me in on the lastest and "bestest" laser jammers?

I got nailed recently in the LGT #2 that's not equipped in laser countermeasures and that hurt. Need to buy something. I have Blinder M-20 on LGT #1 and I feel like I should upgrade that thing now as well.

^ Sorry you got a ticket. :( That sucks. :(

Latest and "bestest," without a doubt, my good bruddah, is the Laser Interceptor.

Go through their authorized US vendor, http://www.laser-interceptorusa.com/ - Cliff.

I know you'll be tempted to go e-bay, but don't. LI-USA takes down the serial number of all CPUs and head-units that they send out, and will only honor warranty on the items that they sell.

There's a guy on eBay selling authentic LI units, but the problem is that he sources them by himself, through contacts in Croatia (where these units are made), and as-such, you will only get warranty support from Croatia. Not a problem, really, but it can cost quite a bit of dough to ship the items to-and-fro, and that's without Customs worries.

In going with the authorized vendor, you'll also be guaranteed of getting the latest revision, as well as simply amazing support. I don't have any ties to any of these companies, but I've sometimes been accused ( by newcomers to the community, who do not know better :lol: ) of being an LI fanboy - that's far from the case...rather, it's just that their product does perform that well, and that Cliff's customer-service is simply amazing.

Performance-wise, the LI eclipses everything else. Bar none. No jammer is perfect - and like I said, it's my belief that no jammer can protect you, as an outright statement, 100% of the time...but the LI gets danmed close.

Durability/reliability is as good as anything else that's out there today that's viable, given that all units currently out are, by their physical revisions (not entire product/company history, for which, simply, the Blinder and Escort cannot be beat, as their history spans decade+, but rather, in terms of the physical product itself, which, for example, the Blinder Mx5 J16 has been on-market since only this past year, and similarly, the Escort ZR4), about 1 to 1 and 1/2 years "old" in terms of road-time/miles.

A current-revision (J16) Blinder, four-head (M45), with all heads mounted up front (I'd put two in the upper corners of our main/upper grill, and the other two in the lower radiator intake), should be able to protect our LGT just as well as would a two-head LI setup. That'll be at the compromise of aesthetics, of course, and the cost-difference will be near-nil as well. The one thing that could be said, though, is that Blinder, as a company, has a *much* longer history than Laser Interceptor, and that is an undeniable "pro."

If you're willing to use VEIL on your headlights, that's going to even further cut the margin, both in terms of the LI's performance above that of the Blinder M45 J16, as well as, of course, cost, as VEIL is around $100 for a can.

In terms of protecting the rear of the vehicle, I'd go for two of the Slim heads (which are optically ideally suited for rear-on engagements), but this is honestly a secondary consideration, depending solely on whether if your area sees "rear enforcement."

And unless you've got the money to burn, don't worry about getting the "high-output" version. That's just not needed, for a vehicle our size. :)

For installation, the LI's configuration closely mimicks that of the Blinder. You installed the Blinder with no problems, you're not going to have problems installing the LI.

I'd go with either the upper corners of the upper grill or, alternatively, where I have my LIs in the above pic (flanking the plate). Both should provide at least "effective-JTG" protection. Performance-wise, it's going to be 6 of one, half-a-dozen of another, when speaking of performance against specific traps. If you want me to, I can give you a breakdown of what each of these two proposed placements may suggest, in terms of specific advantages and disadvantages, but the Cliff's Notes version is that either will likely do just as well as the other. ;)

If you're going to do the rear, too, please post up some pix of our wagon's rear, and I'll see if I can give you any ideas. I'm unfortuntely not completely familiar with the BP's rear end. :redface: I've never had the chance to take one apart, in-detail.

I cannot, in good-faith, recommend the Laser Pro Park (LPP), as it does not defend, at all, against the LTI TruSpeed, and since we, as a community, has no idea at all as to when they may come forward with a solution to this threat.

The same goes for the AntiLaser G9.

ok slap a hardback on this cos you've written a book about this stuff.

shoudln't you just keep it slightly closer to the limit? I mean i'm not saying do 5 under or something.. but this seems like a lot of trouble to go through.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

^ Typically, if you keep to < 10+ on major highways, as long as you're a smooth operator and prevailing traffic isn't, like, all 10-under you :lol: , most State Troopers won't even blink (locals, though, are a different story, and it can depend a lot on how "tickets" are handled in their community - i.e. some areas still give enforcers compensation in terms of comparable overtime pay or other incentives to write tickets, and in such areas, guess what? yep, "speed traps" are going to be more common).

However, there is no guaranty that just because you are following the law - or at least not breaking the law any more than other drivers around you - that you're either not going to be unfairly targeted (although the BL/BP fits the mold of "an average family conveyance," obvious modifications such as window tinting, rims, exhaust, or HID headlamps - and yes, currently, even factory-OEM HIDs can cause enforcers to pay more attention to one vehicle, versus another - or even an OEM trunk spoiler) can cause your vehicle to be singled out.

Similarly, as I've pointed out many times in this thread, speed-detection devices, even LIDAR, is far from infalliable. Even with "correct" usage and routine calibration, they can still return with false/incorrect readings that can easily make someone going the speed limit - or even below - appear to be exceeding it by a large margin.

Don't believe me? Simply take the 10 minutes out of your day to watch some of those videos that I've cited. :)

The only people who want you to believe that police LIDAR is an instantaneous and infalliable device are the devices' makers (in order to win contracts with purchasers) and the enforcement community. The truth is that it's nowhere near "instantaneous," and that by far, the devices are not as accurate nor as without error as we're led to believe.

Why do I have these countermeasures?

It's not because I'm one of those conspiracy freaks ;) even if the above paragraph makes it seem like I am. :lol: I'm a law-abiding citizen who, actually, have many, many friends in the enforcement community (the SD folders that I EDC, for example, were customized for me by a fellow knife-enthusiast, a member of the PD in Vegas). Similarly, locally, a combination of just too much enforcement potential, combined with my own core beliefs, makes speeding simply impractical.

And as I mentioned above, I don't even really speed all that much, on the open highways. At 10+ or so for long road-trips on Interstates, I travel in that gray-zone in which most enforcers, seeing that I am not riding someone else's bumper or cutting in and out of traffic, they'll just let me be on my way.

I have these devices mainly as it's my hobby.

But the other part of it - the practical part - is that I know, in being such a hobbyist, how error-prone such speed-measurement devices are. And as-such, I simply aim to protect myself against an unfair ("speed traps") or erroneous enforcement action.

At 10+ PSL, when the limit's 65 or 70, upon being engaged at some 1000+ ft. by police LIDAR, I can easily scrub-off speed without any undue dramatics, in just a few seconds. :) I chiefly have these countermeasures simply to allow me to buy a few seconds, so that I can adjust my speed - safely - and insure that I don't fall victim to speed-traps...and to preserve my insurance rating. :)

Trust me, the more you know about this game, the more you realize that if you speed, you're just going to have to pay, sooner or later. You either pay for countermeasures, or you pay the ticket and the secondary costs - court/attorney/missed-work/childcare/insurance.

And you also come to realize that if you speed, no matter your countermeasures, you're eventually going to get caught. I/O RADAR is virtually un-beatable if the enforcer's good at his/her tradecraft. There's also pacing and VASCAR, which cannot be detected via any type of "detector" device. There's also unmarked spotter/chase car teams. There's also non-traditional devices like ENRADD.

Brother TSi+WRX. Thanks for wealth of information! :wub:

I guess I have Laser Interceptor on my shopping list. Spendy! But then it can pay off itself even with one roadside tax coupon being avoided.

I have my Blinder transmitters mouned in the lower intake opening. I think I'd mount LI there as well.

Haven't used Veil, but I'll consider it.

^ Exactly - it's spendy, but like you said, I also see this as a kind of extra insurance policy.

With one ticket effectively hiking insurance rates for years, not to mention the ancillary costs of the ticket (I consider the cost of a ticket to be a one-time expense, but the ancillary costs, particularly of fighting it, quickly adds up to many times that of the ticket itself), it's smart money, the way I see it - and it also, to some extent, returns some of the "joy of driving" that I've lost, in being so aware of the many, many ways to be busted. :lol: Taking road-trips in my wife's car has always made me more than a little hypervigilant. I end up being wiped-out from the drive, if it's over 8 hours. In my car, I can relax just a little more (and thus also be a safer driver, in that I'm not glued to the speedo or constantly actively seeking enforcement signatures), knowing that at least for the preferred method of speed-enforcement in many areas, that I've got a little buffer.

In terms of head-placement, I think you'll do just fine, with the LI transmitters mounted down where your Blinder heads are. Just be sure that the heads aim straight-ahead and are level. The very outer corners of our lower bumper fascia makes this harder to achieve, so be careful! [ Also, if you don't have to have a front plate, ditch it - otherwise, use a "non-cooperative" plate, and offer it up as bait. ]

I wouldn't worry about VEIL, that's honestly an option that I don't see many pursuing, particularly with the unknown of long-term staining potential to our polycarb over-lens. Yes, it's definitely going to be advantageous, particularly for those off situations when your luck just goes bad, or when the enforcer is able to tilt the tables in his/her favor (if you're interested, go to RD.net, and search for the "Officer Fritter videos," and you'll see what a very, very dedicated and smart enforcer can do to the physical setup of the trap, to defeat jammers and even very, very alert drivers).

As soon as Sara's WRX goes off-lease and we get her a new car (likely an Impreza 2.5GT 5-door, a Legacy sedan, or possibly an Outback wagon or 2.5XT Forester), I'm getting another set of LIs, to make sure that her car is not naked anymore.

----

I'm sorry.. I'm just not going to read all that.. did IWSS hijack your username? :lol:

No, IWSS didn't hijack my username/account. :) We've both been known to write long posts. I'm actually also known in the various on-line communities where I participate for these kinds of "mini-FAQs."

I don't mind that you don't read the posts - but you should know that, in-part, your previous response is based in blissful ignorance ( and please don't think of my use of this word as being a bash on you, darkfox, instead, know that I was, at one time, also just as blissfully ignorant, and trust me, such bliss makes driving on public roads much more enjoyable :lol: ) of the facts that I mentioned in my rather long-winded :redface: reply, and that, my friend, is dangerous.

Do I think that everyone needs such extreme protection?

No, I certainly don't.

But at the same time, I think that everyone should at least take the time to learn exactly how vulnerable they are, so that they can take steps to be sure that they won't end up paying for their ignorance. :)

heh, well.. carry on. :p

I know the one time I got a ticket I was lasered. He tagged me for faster than I thought I was going.. but at that point speeding is speeding I suppose.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

...but at that point speeding is speeding I suppose.

Exactly - at some point, we just have to cowboy up, and face the music. It is breaking the law, by the books, and there are going to be consequences. :redface:

• 3 weeks later...

^ Mine's streaky - you just can't see it from more than 10 ft. away, that's all. :redface:

It's embarrassing, particularly as I've applied G2 so many times, but I think that G4 "sets-up" slightly faster......

• 2 months later...

Archived