LegacyGT.com

Rear View (Reverse) Monitor.

I have a 2009 legacy (JDM) with a compartment in the center. How can I purchase a similar reverse monitor as shown in the center of this attached picture?

Maybe you shouldn't do it. I'm not going to lie, the interior of your car gave me a seizure. You're one charm, trinket, or gauge away from creating the very first vehicular dream-catcher. To each is own, but holy smokes! There's a shit ton going on in there.

Good luck though, I hope you find what you're looking for.

i'm guessing your car did not come with a camera or the wiring for backup camera. for mine (08 spec B USDM), the OEM navigation unit was capable of this, but i had to buy a camera (wiring came with this) and install it. there are a couple good threads in the forum for interior mods about this. hopefully someone with a JDM setup can verify if it will be that easy for you.

another option is to upgrade your stereo head unit to a nice aftermarket one and mount it where your stereo controls are now -- leaving the storage cubby as is. i'd check with a Sound Warehouse-type place and see if they can do backup cameras with that.

i just checked and it said it was kenwood 3300. here's a good thread on how to connect the camera to the unit:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/reverse-camera-connector-pinout-132007.html?t=132007&highlight=kenwood

if you search the interior/audio forum for "backup camera", you can find a few really good threads there. i'm not sure how to tell the unit when your car is in reverse (so it automatically switches to the camera video signal) without having the oem wire harness already there. there's a thread in that forum where a member was basically doing exactly what you are thinking of and that's probably a great place to start.

let me know if i can be of more help, but i highly recommend spending some time searching that forum.

Archived