LegacyGT.com

guys help!!!

Ok, I've got the 05 lgt. Automatic. 16g turbo with basic set up. Up and do. With Perrin inlet hosing. Plus tune. And a few nights ago. I was driving around and all my check engine lights came on. Cruise control blinking battery light blinking. Car eventually shut down. Had it towed home and now it doesn't start. Turns over but doesn't start. A friend of mine will be checking around the car tomorrow. Check for spark etc. The fuses. But I thought I'd post this see if anyone had anything like this happen or knows what it is. I thought about the tune. Tuning alliance did it. A street tune. I figured maybe something with that. With all check engine lights just coming on. Idk. Help me guys. Its my DD. It sucks. But thnx for looking. :)

you likely popped off a hose, check for vacuum leaks

also , what codes is it throwing?

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

Sounds like it's electrical. The tune wouldn't cause this type issue. Are the battery terminals clean and tight ?

I'll try and get you the code reading directions.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/CELcodereaderina05_zpseda523cf.png

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

They arnt the cleanest but if I remember correctly. They seemed tight. And I'll check for vacuum leaks after work today. And codes wise. I can't remember. A friend of mine came over to check what codes while I was at work yesterday. And when I talked to him. He mentioned there was a few. Mass airflow sensor. Something about transmission. I don't remember and another I think that I can't remember.

Could a fuse have anything to do with this? I'll be checking them either way after work. My local mechanic says it sounds like I've got no compression. Wants to take out a sparkplug and check.

But we sprayed starter fluid and tried to start it. Nothing. Booked up the cables to another car. No help. Power and everything works good.

Whatever happened I did notice the very next day in the morning. That it seemed like the battery got disconnected at one point. Because my time was of and like all radio channels I had saved weren't there. So the my battery power must of shut down at one point. Idk.

The car will turn over. All the belts are turning. Plus the timing belt to. So starter isn't bad. But when you try to start it. Its a weird sound. Like one noise. Idk how to explain. Almost seems like there is a strain when trying to start. Belts turn really slow but I figure that's how it is when you just try to start it.

But uh I'll double check for any loose hoses today. Check the fuses. Other than that. Idk what else. Actually is there like a way to reset the car or something? I read something about disconnecting the battery or something. Plugging it back in then. ?

Or that wont help?

BTW could the coil pack have anything to do with this? I just had my spark plugs changed.

Well I'm out of ideas. I just know with things like this. It could be the smallest thing you'd never expect.

How old is the battery ?

Start by cleaning the battery terminals, may be pull the battery and have it tested at the auto parts store for free.

If you don't know the age of the battery, it may be a good idea to buy a $90 Maxx Everstart from Walmart. That's what's in my wagon. Battery's are good for 5-7 years, I replace them at about 6 years. It's not worth the problems of having it die or cause problems.

BTW it's been at Rich's for 6 weeks now. See the tranny forum, 3rd gear issue.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

as max said, cleaning batt terminals is a good idea. remove them, clean the inside of the terminals and the batt posts until they are shiny (wire brush or sandpaper work).

also, under the tmic are a couple of large connectors with several wires, you might want to re-seat those. also there are a few ground wires that bolt to the engine and they should be secure.

if u pull codes it might give some more clues.

BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

unplug the MAF sensor, does it run then?

if so, likely an air/vacuum leak. check TB hose on right side of intercooler 1st

also check blue T under it in center of the manifold(usual suspects)

you have the stock TMIC and BPV on there?

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

Alright, checked the fitting. Its holding good. No leaks. I couldn't do a good leak test through intake because I don't have a compressor laying around. But I checked most of them. Double checked. Seem all fine.

Fuses all good.

Max the battery. Idk how old. But its got good power. Getting bad now from trying to start it to much.

I unplugged MAF. Doesn't start. Sprayed starting fluid. Still Nada. Um stock TMIC. What's a BPV? :?

And Max, I also did do the connection of the two white wires, no P codes. But I got three C codes

C0107

C0108 and C0106 something about two front tires and back left tire. Didn't get one for back right. But from what I understood. Something bout faulty wheel speed sensor, or open or short circuit condition, cracked or damaged exciter ring, faulty ABS control Unit. Or faulty wheel bearing.

What do you say guys? Any of those could make my car not start up?

C0101 ABS wheel speed sensor malfunction (Broken wire, short) Rear ABS wheel speed sensor RH

C0102 ABS wheel speed sensor malfunction (Broken wire, short) Rear ABS wheel speed sensor LH

C0103 ABS wheel speed sensor malfunction (Broken wire, short) Front ABS wheel speed sensor RH

C0104 ABS wheel speed sensor malfunction (Broken wire, short) Front ABS wheel speed sensor LH

C0105 ABS wheel speed sensor malfunction (ABS wheel speed sensor abnormal signal) Abnormal signal of rear ABS wheel speed sensor RH

C0106 ABS wheel speed sensor malfunction (ABS wheel speed sensor abnormal signal) Abnormal signal of rear ABS wheel speed sensor LH

C0107 ABS wheel speed sensor malfunction (ABS wheel speed sensor abnormal signal) Abnormal signal of front ABS wheel speed sensor RH

C0108 ABS wheel speed sensor malfunction (ABS wheel speed sensor abnormal signal) Abnormal signal of front ABS wheel speed sensor LH

You need to get the P codes

What sound is it making when its turning over? Kinda like a machine gun (rapid clicking)? If so clean the battery posts both + and - and clamps real well (baking soda and wire brush). Jump it and let it charge for a while, like 10-20 minutes or drive it around for a bit to let the alternator recharge the battery.

Well can't drive it around because car won't even start. And no. Not a clicking noise. More of a just eh Idk how to say. Whooshing turning over. Idk. Its so hard to explain. But its not turning over to how I know cars turn over. More smooth. But Idk started and duel pump are working

did you try taking the battery terminals off let it sit for about 10 min ... then try to crank it ...

might reset the ecu ... least give ya a little bit of what might be the issue ...

hopefully dude that tuned it didnt max out your boost and pop something ... how was it driving before this happened ...

and where you giving it some gusto when this happened

you might want to do a compression test at this point (batt will need to be charged)
BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

And Max the two white and two green connectors. Any idea what greens are for?

The green ones could be the service connectors, a few cars have them over on that side. But not really sure on that.

The green ones we use are on the passenger side under the glove box.

Yes I did that, now the code thingy won't read any p codes at all since the ecu has been reset and car hasn't been started. None have popped up. But only the C codes that I posted earlier still pop up where it shows my mileage. And it was driving fine as far as I can remember. Um and gusto wise. Idk because my younger brother was driving the car. What I explained what happened before is what he told me happened. I just didn't bother mentioning that my bro was driving the car. But he said he had it in sport mode. Said he wasnt flying into corners or anything. But he wasnt driving the slowest. Eh Idk.

My local mechanic thinks I've got no compression or my timing belt jumped and bent the valves.

Idk what I'll do. I dont have money right now and this is my only car

that's good (compression test coming up)

cranking sound with normal compression:

rrruh rrruh rrruh rrruh...

and with no compression:

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

could be - but hopefully compression test comes back okay

• 2 weeks later...

Checked the timing belts. Didn't jump or anything.

Checked compression. Zero. Mechanic doesn't know why. Figured something with pistons. Says I should just trade in my car. I unfortunately don't have money for either new engine or just repair.

Archived