LegacyGT.com

Hunting for 05 Legacy GT

AndyT

Howdy all. First post , recently had my first accident in 13 years of owning my first car and totaled it. Fun times!!!

Anyways, hunting for one of these beauties- must be manual and limited preferred, just wrote this guy... Waiting to hear service records:

http://ventura.craigslist.org/cto/3543639401.html

Should I be worried about the minimal mods and recent accident? Ideally a bone stock grandma car would be the goal..buuut...

Also are there any suggested shops in the la area to bring it to for check up/compression test?

Thanks and hopefully I'll be joining the ranks soon... :)

Andy

I bought mine for 9500, clean title, 1 owner , bone stock , 95k miles. Wagons are more rare, so probably more money. Patience is key, took me 2 months to find one that I wanted. Got it from a dealership in Texas and they shipped it to me in NY for an extra 750. You can open up your search criteria if you look across the country, but if you go that route I recommend only dealing with subaru dealerships because they probably serviced it in their shop so its less likely you would have any trouble.

Good luck, happy hunting!

Looks like a nice wagon! Not a fan of tan interior and the paint looks like it needs a good correction (OCD detailer problems...lol), but otherwise, take a look at the service records and go test drive it! I'd personally get the stock exhaust put back on it for $100 cheaper, too. The Megan's look terrible on the wagon.

Thanks for the fast replies...the tan interior is not my favorite , the paint chips I don't mind as I do a lot of inner city parking and in la it is inevitable.

He just replied- said the timing belt, water pump and clutch are all original.

Patience is a virtue I'm typically good with, but being car-less is hard... Will extend my search to country wide, have been looking all over ca/az/ Texas...

Either I am living in a parallel universe or that is my car?!

I am in Colorado, have a 05 GT RBP Wagon and the same parts were just replaced from an accident.

Only difference is I paid $11,500 for mine with 70k on the clock.

Remove those flaps and you Sir have a winner!!! Disregard cosmetics as they are typically like this for age.

Jon

Edit: Have stock exhaust thrown in with the deal and then you can sell the Megan for a little $$$.

He's dumping the car before the timing belt and water pump bill. I'd be wary to what other maintenance it needs. I'd do a compression test, check clutch and transmission, and check for a rough idle (misfires, which are expensive to chase down on these cars).

He says his Gf can't drive a stick and he is looking for an automatic legacy or outback...

Where would I bring in la to test the car out? Subaru dealership can do compression test? Thanks guys, test driving it tomorrow morning...

I wouldn't worry about the compression test. If it's really bugging you 160 isn't that much, but, if it feels right it's unlikely the motor is on its way out. As far as the modifications go, they are VERY minimal. You will probably enjoy them.

Called a local subaru only shop... They said with 100k miles there is no reason to do a compression test, and it would cost $160.

Also said timing belt and water pump would be $1200 - sound about right?

Does the timing belt and water pump have to be done by the dealership if the car is already out of warranty?

Rob

Archived