tougefox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everyone (and particularly Ben)-

I've been looking for a 2005-2007 Legacy Ltd (non turbo). I've passed up a few that came from rust-belt states (lands of snow and road salt). However, ones that spent the majority of their miles in the south are extremely rare, so I may need to be a little less picky.

What kinds of diagnostics can a Subaru dealer (or a shop who specializes in Subarus) do to minimize the chance of getting a car with severe problems (especially engine, but anything else that could be expensive)? Is there anything a traveling tech could do if the car can't be taken to a shop (just test driven and whatever he can do on the lot/driveway)?

Any recommendations on local shops and/or traveling techs in the Atlanta area?

And if anyone runs across a 2005-2007 Legacy with auto-AC controls, no major damage in its history, non black interior, and not used by a smoker, please let me know!

Everyone (and particularly Ben)-

I've been looking for a 2005-2007 Legacy Ltd (non turbo). I've passed up a few that came from rust-belt states (lands of snow and road salt). However, ones that spent the majority of their miles in the south are extremely rare, so I may need to be a little less picky.

What kinds of diagnostics can a Subaru dealer (or a shop who specializes in Subarus) do to minimize the chance of getting a car with severe problems (especially engine, but anything else that could be expensive)? Is there anything a traveling tech could do if the car can't be taken to a shop (just test driven and whatever he can do on the lot/driveway)?

Any recommendations on local shops and/or traveling techs in the Atlanta area?

And if anyone runs across a 2005-2007 Legacy with auto-AC controls, no major damage in its history, non black interior, and not used by a smoker, please let me know!

Subaru of Kennesaw does a pre-purchase inspection that I'd absolutely recommend. As far a subaru-specific shops, most the ones I know of are speed shops so why not try the dealer? Unless you're trying to keep it super cheap. What you're looking for is super specific so I wish you luck! IMO you should go turbo. :lol:

PS: Where was everyone today at the Little River Cruise today?! Only two LGT's showed up!

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/4569419382.html

Bought a 19mm rear sway bar, looked up other peoples' installs, laughed to myself over all the people that paid shops, cross threaded a bolt - I don't even know how. I started by finger, I actually think it was messed up from the factory because it still tightened down.