LegacyGT.com

2008 Spec.B navigation on the fritz

PovertyGhost

I've been having an issue since I bought the thing a few months ago. The navigation mysteriously does not work at all. The info screen section of the navigation touchscreen works perfectly. However, the hard buttons on for DEST, MENU and MAP do nothing when pressed.

INFO and brightness settings work perfectly. Fuel economy works, calendar is useable but the navigation portion of the unit is completely non-existent. The button lights are not blinking, there is nothing obvious I can find. The power seems connected to the unit under the seat.

Pressing eject or reset with the end of a pen doesn't seem to do anything either.

Could the unit under the seat be dead? Is there a fuse that I could replace? Anyone ever heard of this?

Thanks in advance. I've scoured every post relating to navigation on the board and can't find anyone with the same problem.

• 1 year later...

Hey PG, did you ever get this issue resolved? This morning was really cold, and my display was showing the calendar instead of the usual map. I as well could switch to the fuel economy screen, but pressing the DEST MAP or MENU buttons doesn't do anything.

Thanks

Archived