LegacyGT.com

Brembos in front JDM in rear? Brake bias question

Hey guys I just bought some 04 STI front Brembo calipers and rotors and now I am looking for the rears. However I noticed the JDM 2 pot rear brakes are A LOT cheaper than brembos. If I ran brembos in the front and the JDM 2 pot brakes in the rear would this mess up the brake bias? Thanks in advance.

Yes because your stock rear rotors are actually a little bigger than the 2 pot rear rotors. You can't do better without just upgrading to rear Brembos.

I have STI Brembos in the front with stock calipers in the rear and matching Stoptech pads all around. It's drives just fine. Could I feel it nose dive slightly more (foward bias shift) after the install... Yeah. Is it a problem... Not at all. Zero plans to upgrade the rear calipers. Someone sent me a bias calculator a while back. The front Brembos (matching pads front and rear) changed the bias from 80F/20R to 84F/16R.

The brand new Ford Focus RS has Brembos in the front and regular, single piston, floating calipers in the rear. They're painted to match the Brembos tho so most people overlook it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived