LegacyGT.com

PGT's Official Second Annual Burger Rally!!!

PGT

:woowoo:

So, let's do it again this year! Meet up in NoVA, cruise down some sweet roads (TBD), and grab burgers at the end.

Thinking of two scenarios...... #1 it is! This Saturday 8/6 at 9:15am. Meet at Starbuck's on Edwards Ferry Rd in Leesburg.

1) Same as last year - starting in Leesburg, down Mt. Weather, out Rt 50 to Ft Royal, down 522 to 29, up to Sperryville on 211 and over the roads to Luray (Alex - slow down here!! :eek: ), then back up 340 to Front Royal for burgers at Spelunkers.

2) Meet in Centreville - do a similar run, but run it backwards and end up in Leesburg at my place for my (in)famous burgers and a small BBQ!

Dates.....August? Thinking one of the first few weekends. Suggestions? Who's in??

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm interested. like option 2 too. man, there are some sweet winding roads up here by me. be cool if we can hook them up.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I'm open to alternate routes - the only two goals would be some cool roads and the best burgers we can find (mine or elsewhere...no matter) vs. the normal install days we always do.

I'll see if I can map one out. there are some cool back roads around my hood that are do-able.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

awww, no cannonball run?? couple roads that come to mind are rte 17, which dumps you off at rte 70. rte 287 and rte 9. following both would take you into west va.

we could even end up in harpers ferry if we really wanted too. eat somewhere there. how long are the drives usually?

17 is fun, but if we go towards wv, then we couldn't take that route.

c-lo gets to drive point! put me in the back of the pack. assuming my car is running.

I'd love to join but my schedule is ugly until after labor day weekend.

mmmmm, spelunkers!

getting out of the legacy game :cool:

:lol: better give me GPS then. 'cause I got no sense of direction:lol: . we'll see though, got some ideas.............

I'm interested. How about the weekend of the 11th? I only saw one other suggestion for the date, and I'm auto-xing on the 6th. So I'll be out of town for that. But I would like to meet some of the other people from the board.

Yeah, its a bit of a run, but I don't mind; been looking for a run of some kind in this area with no luck. On our days off, wife and I like to take off and run back roads just for the heck of it. Generally run 100-300 milesgo to places new to us and hunt out small downtown areas and restraunts. Let me know what date and instructions to starting location.

Grumpy

I did a run into Annapolis on some back roads....somewhere off 495 then ended on the outskirts of town....a Mini Cooper Rally. Other than that, only western MD.

damn this sounds like fun. Sorry PGT but the company moved ole Jimbo to hotlanta. Otherwise I'd take a trip down to see him & the 2 of us would ride witchas :icon_wink
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Archived