LegacyGT.com

planning to tint

yies

Just had mine done 2wks ago, will try to post pics and %s tomorrow.

Front Sides SP 40

Rear Sides SP 25

Back SP 25

Be careful smoothing out film over fitz/dots nasty paper cuts. Pics to follow.

I have 35% on the back and 50% up front. I think the reason most people go with a lighter tint up front is so that they can get away with it legally. In CA we're allowed to tint the rear as dark as we want, but we're not allowed to do anything to the front. You can easily get away with 50%, but you may be taking a chance when you go darker up front. It all depends on you state's laws.

Most of the time I am happy with my setup, but simetimes when the sun is shining right on the car I wish it was darker. A friend of mine went with 20% rear/35% front on his TSX and I really like that look (in background of pic).

1718051611_101305002S.jpg.9e4aba7a753389280d0a99930a424457.jpg

1. Can anyone recommend a tint shop in Orange County Area (Tustin, Irvine, Costa Mesa)? I've had some jobs that have bubbled/blistered after 5 yrs, which I don't think is ideal but sometimes expected.

2. for you guys who did 25% or darker, is it hard at all at night to see? My friend did a serious Limo tint job on his rear windows(I don't know the percentage but I gotta imagine <20%) and I had to roll down the damn window just to see at night.

In response to be being pulled over for tint- it happened to me once in Westwood when I was a student. I actually stopped to yield to a patrol car, he waved me by and then pulled me over. No moving violation, didn't do anything wrong, just another college kid going to class. Got a fixit ticket for my ~30% tinted Integra.

Archived