LegacyGT.com

Do I really need the endlinks and reinforcement brackets?

TPLGT

So I have Swfits and am going to buy Cobb Sways F&R....Do I really 'need' the endlnks and reinforcement brackets?

I am not going to auto-x but just want to tighten the suspension.....any thoughts? Trying to save some $$$....any input is appreciated!

Rehab is for quitters.

IMO, no on the endlinks, yes on the reinforcement brackets. The stock endlinks have been sufficent for many, including myself. I had my car at the track a number of times this past summer. Some people have bent/broken, twisted the stock endlinks with upgraded bars, something you are not likely to do daily driving. They are a popular upgrade on my Nissan because the stock design can bind on the rear bar which prevents the bar from performing its intended duties. That's a big problem and an obvious upgrade.

The reinforcement bracket solves what many believe to be a very weak OEM design. The stock mounting point is very flimsy and will likely compromise the performance of a stiffer bar such as Cobb. Not to mention a complete failure of that mounting point is also possible and more likely than an OEM endlink, IMO.

ignore him, he'll go away.

I really don't understand why we're still talking about brackets - the cobb sway set you said you're going to buy comes with the reinforced brackets, so why would you decide not to use them? I mean, I can understand having the discussion for purely academic purposes, but practically speaking, the point is moot, right?

The endlinks are a different matter, however.

Archived