LegacyGT.com

Complications with 5mt swap

So I got it running. Ran fine after I noticed the Tb was half open while trying to start it. After it raced to redline I figured that one out.

Now my problem is it run like crap. Miss fire codes on cilinder one so far for codes and another that was unknown. But I can get it to show up again.

Plus sometimes when it dies there is smoke coming back though the intake.

I'm thinking my timing could of got messed up during the redline that lasted a sec or two.

To tired to check. Done for the night

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using TapaTalk 2

timing was spot on. o well at least that means nothins broke broke. but now i cant even start it.. i took all the plugs out. clean the the tips and it didnt even help a bit. im getting fuel. and before when i had it running i pulled the wires off each and had an arch on all them.

im out of ideas as to way it wont fire up. it must be spark related, or timing.

i wish someone knew what pin i need to ground out. but i dont see how a at/mt pin could make this much of a problem. i thought it just changed to fueling maps.

what comes before the coil pack?

• I Donated

Before the coil pack? The wiring.

Bust out your multi-meter

Since you tore a lot of stuff off and out of the car - check to make sure all your grounds are hooked up....and on CLEAN metal.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Pin83 in my 97 fsm is listed on a grounds layout and leads to the speedo.

And I'm wondering what that tiny ground wire is for that goes from the top of the dog bone mount and then to the block. Also what is the thing plunged in right there at the top of the dogbone

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using TapaTalk 2

Archived