LegacyGT.com

Next Gen WRX

Ozzy

Motor Trend has an article on the possible new WRX.. It says it should release in 2015. Seems too far out there, I would think that it will be released as a 2014 model year.

They stated it will be longer, wider, and shorter(height). I'm hoping to be able to hold out until the new Legacy and WRX come out to get a new car. With them saying the WRX is going to be a little more upscale, I would be very interested.

There is some information in there on hybrid technology and its possible use in the 2015 Legacy.

http://www.motortrend.com/future/future_vehicles/1205_next_generation_subaru_wrx_prototype_revealed_last_year/

This has been posted already on Nasioc. I think the next gen WRX will be out sometime late next year as a 2014 model. Personally I'd wait until the 2015 so they can get the bugs out of the first new model year,let other people be the guinea pigs. The current GR will be in it's 5th model year cycle as a 2013 so i think they're probably working on the next generation car already. The rumors of an electric turbo sounds interesting but why couldn't they just implement/integrate one of their racing technologies from WRC/Rally anti lag Turbo system into the next gen car? i love how it's going to be smaller,lighter faster,direct injection,separate own unique platform,nicer,better interior and exterior styling. They better still make the 5 door hatch/wagon.

This has been posted already on Nasioc. I think the next gen WRX will be out sometime late next year as a 2014 model. Personally I'd wait until the 2015 so they can get the bugs out of the first new model year,let other people be the guinea pigs. The current GR will be in it's 5th model year cycle as a 2013 so i think they're probably working on the next generation car already. The rumors of an electric turbo sounds interesting but why couldn't they just implement/integrate one of their racing technologies from WRC/Rally anti lag Turbo system into the next gen car? i love how it's going to be smaller,lighter faster,direct injection,separate own unique platform,nicer,better interior and exterior styling. They better still make the 5 door hatch/wagon.

Not sure what your point is, this clearly isn't Nasioc. I'm sure it has been discussed on many different forums.

I wouldn't be worried about buying the first model year of a car, what kind of issues do they usually have? Not much, if they do have some, they are minor.

I wouldn't be worried about buying the first model year of a car, what kind of issues do they usually have?

Crappy little TD04, wet-noodle springs, weak-sauce dampers, same little wing and ugly chrome grille / trim as n/a models? I dropped several thousand dollars into my car just to fix the things they addressed in the 2nd model year, which sold new at almost the same price. :icon_neut

<-- never-again early-adopter with '08 WRX

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Crappy little TD04, wet-noodle springs, weak-sauce dampers, same little wing and ugly chrome grille / trim as n/a models? I dropped several thousand dollars into my car just to fix the things they addressed in the 2nd model year, which sold new at almost the same price. :icon_neut

<-- never-again early-adopter with '08 WRX

And you missed out on the power bump. Lol. I really don't think this will be having all kinds of issues. Seems like all the cars I want to look at purchasing are coming out as 2014-2015 models and nothing sooner. I want a revised model and not to buy something at the end of its generation.

And you missed out on the power bump. Lol. I really don't think this will be having all kinds of issues. Seems like all the cars I want to look at purchasing are coming out as 2014-2015 models and nothing sooner. I want a revised model and not to buy something at the end of its generation.

The only thing i don't like about the GR WRX is the interior. The old GD had a nicer softer touch interior. I want to see the next interior,be race inspired like the BRZ,with better higher quality and softer touch materials. We can all admit the 08 WRX was a major flop and disaster. The 09's had engine problems the 10's were ok,and the 11's have had some small minor issues,even the 12's a little bit. The widebody addition to 11+ is awesome. Like i said,my guess is that the GR's last model year will be 2013. The GD had a life cycle of 5 years,bug eye,blobeye then pig nose. 02-03 to 04-05 to 06-07 and GR 08-13. I am very excited about the next generation car. I know Subaru will definitely give us something awesome and they'll get it right this time. Ozzy did you say the next car will be longer but shorter? or smaller and wider? either way i'm excited.

What i want to see in the next generation WRX is

2.0L Turbo FA20 with Direct Injection and anti lag system (virtually no turbo lag)

5 door/4 door wagon/hatchback and sedan models/variants.

5-6 speed Manual. NO CVT,NO AUTOMATIC!! PERIOD!! EVER! the only exception is if it's a semi auto/sequential manual race type gear box with paddle shift 6 speeds from the WRC/Rally America rally cars.

270HP

20-32-33 MPG

$24,959 base price.

I know they can do it. It'll be awesome.

The only thing i don't like about the GR WRX is the interior. The old GD had a nicer softer touch interior. I want to see the next interior,be race inspired like the BRZ,with better higher quality and softer touch materials. We can all admit the 08 WRX was a major flop and disaster. The 09's had engine problems the 10's were ok,and the 11's have had some small minor issues,even the 12's a little bit. The widebody addition to 12+ is awesome. Like i said,my guess is that the GR's last model year will be 2013. The GD had a life cycle of 5 years,bug eye,blobeye then pig nose. 02-03 to 04-05 to 05-06 and GR 08-13. I am very excited about the next generation car. I know Subaru will definitely give us something awesome and they'll get it right this time. Ozzy did you say the next car will be longer but shorter? or longer and smaller? either way i'm excited.

I had to re-read the Motor Trend article in that spot a few times. Lol. They said it is longer, wider, and shorter(height). I guess we really don't know anything though until Subaru announces something.

Well I fixed all the things I missed by going quite a bit further than Subaru did in '09. ;) I'm just warning you from experience that the first year they often misjudge what the market wants and adjust in the second year. OTOH you can be the victim of some cost-cutting if you wait too long. '10 and '11 EDM LGTs came with Bilsteins as stock, '12s get some craptastic KYBs. YMMV and all that. :D

I can tell you that I won't be buying any 1.6l WRX. I'm not even all that enamored of a 300/300 STi if the engine is as lightly built as the FA20 is said to be, since it won't have the same modification potential without throwing a lot of money at the shortblock. Not to mention that upgrading the DI fuel system to handle more boost / airflow is going to be very difficult and expensive. :eek:

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

The only thing i don't like about the GR WRX is the interior. The old GD had a nicer softer touch interior. I want to see the next interior,be race inspired like the BRZ,with better higher quality and softer touch materials. We can all admit the 08 WRX was a major flop and disaster. The 09's had engine problems the 10's were ok,and the 11's have had some small minor issues,even the 12's a little bit. The widebody addition to 11+ is awesome. Like i said,my guess is that the GR's last model year will be 2013. The GD had a life cycle of 5 years,bug eye,blobeye then pig nose. 02-03 to 04-05 to 06-07 and GR 08-13. I am very excited about the next generation car. I know Subaru will definitely give us something awesome and they'll get it right this time. Ozzy did you say the next car will be longer but shorter? or smaller and wider? either way i'm excited.

What i want to see in the next generation WRX is

2.0L Turbo FA20 with Direct Injection and anti lag system (virtually no turbo lag)

5 door/4 door wagon/hatchback and sedan models/variants.

5-6 speed Manual. NO CVT,NO AUTOMATIC!! PERIOD!! EVER! the only exception is if it's a semi auto/sequential manual race type gear box with paddle shift 6 speeds from the WRC/Rally America rally cars.

270HP

20-32-33 MPG

$24,959 base price.

I know they can do it. It'll be awesome.

For once I am agreeing with you Subies4Life. If what is above were to come true, I would definitely be in line to purchase one. I would personally love to see all three transmission choices as well. (5/6 MT and sequential)

I am tired of this trend by car companies, I understand that they are trying to accommodate more and more stringant safty regulations and whatnot, but at this rate by 2025 we will all be driving SUV sized "compacts" and the legacy will be able to double as a bus. Why must cars keep getting bigger?/rant

I think cars get bigger because the average weight of buyers keeps climbing.

Archived