LegacyGT.com

08 TD04 WRX 19T upgrade for LGT?

Just a quick question, having trouble if I want to upgrade a TD04 off a 2008 wrx to a 19T from Blouch and install it, or upgrade a VF-40. I already have in my possession the TD04, should I get rid of it and find a VF40 instead and upgrade it? Just trying to be economic in my turbo upgrade. Thanks

• 1 year later...
Vf 40's are garbage the td04 flows alittle less from what I hear then the vf40 but its a direct bolt on turbo without having to do any supporting mods like you have to do with a bigger turbo. My vf40 just went out on me and I got a new center rotating housing assembly from bnr (when I say new I ment it came from a used vf40) I'm going to see if that will just fix my problem well enough to get my car back on the road.. if not then its the td04 there I come!

A 2.5 liter Subaru needs at minimum a TD05H turbine. The TD04L-19T is an okay upgrade for a 2.0 engine but only the compressor was upgraded. On the 2.5 the compressor is adequate hotside just cannot flow enough to keep up with it.

Suggest you look at the BNR upgrades... Mitsubishi guts in VF-40 housings. TD05H-Evo16G would probably fit your needs.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Does anyone know if the vf46 and vf40 are same insides as in diameter for instance if I put the compressor off a good vf40 with agood wastgate actuator on a vf46 would I still need to tune for the difference in turbo? Or should I just leave the vf46 alone and tune for it anways I have two good vf40 cores that I can use for parts is why I'm asking

Archived