LegacyGT.com

2010 EJ253 into 1997 Legacy Outback with the 2.5D?

I'm tearing apart my 2.5D, and if it comes down to replacing being cheaper than repairs, I will do exactly that. However, I have the ability to get my hands on a 2010 Impreza 2.5i (EJ253) engine, Non-Turbo unfortunately.. But, its cheap & with only 36k(kms) on it.

What would I be looking at to make that work? Is it doable, or should I pass..?

• I Donated
It bolts right up. You may need to swap over intake manifolds though....and possibly the heads. I'm not 100% sure. Not really a swap most people do.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

the biggest problem people have are going to be the fact that if you wanna swap the whole thing then the wiring and sensors may and mostly likely wont make the ecu happy, so then people are like haaay, lets swap on the old intake mani, then they are like shit, the intake manis dont match different phase heads. so then you swap heads, next thing you know the only thing you replaced is the short block and knooter valve

imo, not really worth it. the 25d is easy to find and relatively cheap. and its direct bolt in, no hassle required.

^^^just what he said. There isn't enough HP gain per amount of Money that you are going to dump into that swap. Either EJ25D it or go with more powerful motor then the N/A one.

Archived