LegacyGT.com

My Subaru was stolen

I imagine how pi$$ed you are, watch out for any part-out of such a legacy.

Scan all the usual like ebay, craigslist etc.

I assume that you still have all your keys and that the car had immobilizer. So unless they reprogram the keys and ship it to Mexico or the Baltic states it's probably a part-out or going to be used as spares for someone's damaged car. (there's quite a traffic with "bad" vehicles going through the Baltic states)

So filing VIN# and pictures might help a lot.

453747.png

Call your insurance and get into a rental car in the mean time.

insurance is already notified...that was second call after the cops. we dont pay for rental coverage in our insurance plan. gonna have to borrow a car from the folks for a bit.

one of my friends had his truck stolen in sf got it back 4 days later form a garage. people jacked it and just went a joy ride then ditched no damage nothing stolen. so chin up postive thoughts :)

that's our best hope!

Again sorry for your loss, but I was commenting on the fact that some moron stole a 2.5i, if I was going to steal a car, I'd look for a GT.

We had a turboed orange civic hatch stolen a few years back, I doubt the cops even looked for it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Sorry to hear, OP. I have had several cars stolen / broken into over the years. It's brutal.

I am sorry! This is absolutely the worst news ever. Good luck and hope the thief gets what is coming.

I cannot tell if you guys are joking. Brutal or the worst news ever would be having my wife or kid gunned down in cold blood.

A car stolen that is insured is just a part of life. Talk about first world problem.

OP go on with life and add rental car coverage to your policy next time. :)

Sucks man - a buddy of mine has his truck broke into while we were in college... they trashed the thing, but insurance repaired it. Hope you or the Po can find it.

As far as rental coverage on insurance in concerned - I think I pay like $5 a month for it (if that, I have to check) - and trust me, its worth it if you need it even one time. Ask me how I know.

(answer - because firetruck)

i had my altima stolen out of my driveway last year. police found it 2 days later undamaged. only a few things were missing but small amount in any case. the cops figured the guy was headed home from a party down the road and saw my car, hopped in (keys in it), and drove most of the way home. they never did find who it was.

That is such hard news...

As a distraction from your sadness and distress...A true story with a happy ending about a stolen car...

A great bloke that I work with had a fourteen year old worn out car he drove to work that got stolen...it was his Dad's old car.

He reported it to the police and in the report they asked about contents in the car, strereo etc...he said nah, but the father was in the back seat. The coppers reacted and Tony had to quickly explain, that his father had died earlier that year and as he always liked a bit of a Sunday Drive he had left the urn with his ashes in it on the back seat.

Two days later they found the car outside a pub no damage and "dad" had simply fallen onto the floor of the back of the car...his Dad now is on the mantle piece in living room.

Tony remains an interesting person and great to work with, never boring.

Hope you get some good news soon.

Down Under.

i thought rental coverage only is good for when you get in an accident.

Depends on policy. The Insurance company I work for(claims Adjuster) will give you a rental on a Theft claim, regardless if you had rental coverage on your policy or not.

If my LGT was stolen I would call the cops first, contact insurance, get a rental and not give many other shts about the ordeal. It's a car not a person better be glad they idiots only wanted your car not your family! I hope you had theft coverage so you or your family isn't affected financially and that you are able to get past the ordeal fairly quickly.

If they do find you car intact great but many times they have been abused.

Archived