LegacyGT.com

My car SUCKS!!

Uggggh... I really like the Legacies, but my car has just had more problems then what it should. It's probably a lemon, but I am sure I am out of luck now with mods I have done. Now I seem to have a bad turbo seal. My car has 37,000 miles on it and has been losing oil for the last few months. I thought it was the oil drain plug, but I fixed that and I am still losing oil. So last night my turbo was making a noticeable whining sound. I pull my intercooler off this morning and find a coating of engine oil in my intake. It hasnt been verified for sure yet that its bad but that seems to be the case. I am almost sure this has been going on for a few months now. I am going to the Subaru dealer in about 15 minutes to see if they can help me out at all. I am really hoping they can do something for me even though I have mods on my car now.. I am really just dissapointed. So I pretty much just wanted to vent a little and share some of my grief.. lol. Subaru has been pretty good so far with other problems I have had so maybe they will help me out..

my car burns a little oil too... i thought that was typical of turbo engines, no?

yes depending upon har hard you run it. seems like most loose about 1 qt between oil changes.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

I have DP, UP, headers, custom exhaust, K&N panel filter. I think thats it. I just changed my oil like 2 or 3 weeks ago, and yesterday I was down a little over half a quart. I dont think its been even 1,000 miles since my oil change. I talked to service at the Subaru dealer yesterday and said if it is a bad seal in the turbo it would be covered under warranty. I told him what mods I had on my car now and he said that shouldnt have any effect on the turbo seals going out. I have a new clutch I have been waiting for a while to get put in, and Boxer4Racing is going to do that this week. So I am going to wait to take my car in for the turbo problem until the following Monday. So far things are looking a little better.. I just hope it works out.

Archived