LegacyGT.com

"The Last 227" - Official 2012 Legacy GT Registry - USDM

Just wanted to update a previous entry in the database. I bought Scooby_Steve's LGT a while back. All revisions are made in red.

Revised

1027304 -- LGT_2NeR ---- ISM ---- 02/12 ---- 11/01/12 ---- California ---- Stage 0 (Q300 TBE)

Original

8888888 -- Scooby_Steve ---- ISM ---- ??/?? ---- 11/01/12 ---- California ---- Stage 0 ---- needs VIN

I remember a previous thread regarding who had the last, and it was not me.

VIN (last 7) 1041240

Member 5gnwht

Color Satin White Pearl

Build Date 05/12

Delivery Date 6/6/12

Location Near San Francisco (Burlingame)

Mod Level Stock

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

VIN (last 7) : 1032244

Member : aviflax

Color : dark red

Build Date : ??

Delivery Date : 29 June 2012

Location : delivered in Alexandria, VA. Lived in White Plains, NY. Died in NYC.

Mod Level : stock

Totaled in late October 2012 by a garage attendant who put it up on a lift in neutral and neglected to set the parking brake. So it rolled off the lift and hit the garage floor hard on the nose. Bent everything, smashed the turbo, etc, etc. Thankfully, no one hurt. Car was amazing and is missed.

VIN (last 7) : 1032244

Member : aviflax

Color : dark red

Build Date : ??

Delivery Date : 29 June 2012

Location : delivered in Alexandria, VA. Lived in White Plains, NY. Died in NYC.

Mod Level : stock

Totaled in late October 2012 by a garage attendant who put it up on a lift in neutral and neglected to set the parking brake. So it rolled off the lift and hit the garage floor hard on the nose. Bent everything, smashed the turbo, etc, etc. Thankfully, no one hurt. Car was amazing and is missed.

I'm pretty sure someone would have been murdered were it mine...

Does anyone know why there were so little 2012gt made , was is because of the tsunami in Japan in 2011?

2011 GT production was only 300 as well. The tsunami may have reduce production a little bit, but it was due to other factors.

6MT only did not help. From what I understand most dealers did not stock them, so most of them had to be ordered which also makes it difficult to test drive as well. It wasn't well received by the 4th Gen LGT owners (at least on this forum), so great majority of 4th gen owners did not purchase a 5th gen LGT.

I ordered mine. At the dealership, I drove the NA Legacy for size and fitting purpose and to get the "ok" from the wife, then went back and drove a WRX for the power and stick idea - with brother and without the wife. Then took a leap of faith and ordered the build with the color and extra stuff (puddle lights, all weather mats, and short shifter) that I wanted. Waited 9 weeks till it was in my hands.

Same thing here. Test drove a 2.5i, then a 6 cylinder Outback (the dealership didn't have a Legacy 3.6R available), and then ordered the LGT and waited 3 months.

I suspect most 2012 LGT owners that bought new would have had to order them, although there were reports of a few dealerships having one or two on hand at some point in 2012. Dunno if they ordered the cars themselves to have on the lot or a customer ordered the car and then backed out.

From what I understand from the sales manager at the dealership I got mine from, mine was ordered in Feb 2012 and then produced and sent to the dealership in May of 2012. By that time the customer had gotten sick of waiting and purchased another car before it even arrived at the dealership. He then called 4 people in his contacts who had wanted a GT but missed the order cut-off time, all of them passed. I found it sitting on AutoTrader in mid-June of 2012 and he said that I was first to call on it in 3 weeks of the ad running. I said "I want it, and I will be in Portland in 2 weeks to pick it up." He said "I will go put a SOLD sign on it right now and it will be waiting for you when you get here". Done! And he committed to taking my trade without even seeing it. It was actually a very very nice Salsa Red Pearl 2008 Toyota Highlander V6 4WD Limited with every option with 76k miles.

I got pretty lucky with mine, I was on the hunt for a comfortable highway cruiser because the civic I had simply didn't work on Colorado highways and cross country road trips. After some discussion with the dealer the verdict was that finding a new one in Colorado wasn't gonna happen and they'd have to get one somewhere else. About a month after that the semester ended and I came home for summer. One night while browsing cars.com I saw one that had just been posted that day in Annapolis, Maryland. The ad had no pictures and a short description but I had to go see it and the rest was history. I'm not sure why they had one sitting in the lot, but as far and wide as I'd been searching I wasn't gonna let one that close slip through my fingers.

I've also finally got my VIN and build date. The VIN is 1039839 and the build date is 4/2012, so mine actually isn't the last one built. I'm also up to Stage 2+ from stock listed in the registry

Edited by Apexofthevortex

...I missed the order window by a day or two and had to hunt for my LGT online. I found three cars on the east coast and was going to go w/one I found in Ohio but the dealership was annoying so I went w/the DIP I found in NJ. I arranged the deal online and was up the next weekend to get my car

I ordered mine a week and a half after orders opened for MY12 - sat in an 11 Limited to get a feel for the car, made sure what I needed to be able to fit in the trunk would fit, negotiated to the costco price (wasn't buying from the local costco dealership - wasn't much of a negotiation - basically "this is what it would cost at dealer X, but I would rather buy here"), then pulled the trigger.

• 2 months later...
VIN (last 7)

1002850-----Wraedeohed-----Steel Silver Metallic-----Build Date---n/a---Delivery Date---- Cincinnati, OH------Stock

Not steel silver if it's a 2012 - would be ice silver metallic or graphite grey metallic.

• 2 weeks later...