LegacyGT.com

The few, the proud...ones with no problems

i know i cant be alone, i know im not that lucky? :confused:

After reading about some who are not so happy with their LGT i sure am :wub:

i dont have the stutter, the whine, (thought i did but it was my rear break wear indicator and my dealer replaced em no questions asked)

my info indicator work 100%, the temp is within a couple degrees, my wheel bearing are fine, never had the clutch stink, dont have the window whistle nor dash rattle...

my cruise control works 100%, my heated seats work flawless, my radiator fan has no gremlins.... my stock tmic looks legit, so far it hasn't come apart... my headlights have never burnt out (im at 36k miles!)

is my car a freak? (knock on wood)

cmon raise your hands if your one of the lucky ones!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

28k of virtually no problems. The only "problem" i've had is a cylinder #4 misfire which was fixed in a day under warranty. Everything works fine on the car.

But it shouldn't be surprising that on a car forum (or any sort of forum) you only really hear about the problems. That's why people come to places like this. To see if others are having the same issues they are. For every person that has a problem there are probably 10 that don't. You just don't see that other 10. When I read item specific forums I take the numerous complaints with a grain of salt. If I didn't, every car specific forum I visit I'd think that car has the worst paint ever, some sort of major engine design flaw and a slew of other problems that would scare me away.

Since I bought my car with 4,000 miles on it (dealer's owner drove it with no title), it really wasn't a new car, but they wouldn't sell it as used, either.

Nonetheless, I believe the car wasn't treated as well as I would have.

*The headliner had to be replaced because it could not be fastened above the rear window.

*A connector had to be replaced to get the visor and dome lights working.

*Loose clip inside the driver door was replaced (it was causing vibes when music was playing)

*The entire roof had to be resprayed because someone farked it up with bad swirl marks behind the sunroof and several deep scratches next to the sunroof. I never really found out what happened. The respray was good, though.

*Not sure if this is really a problem, but my driver side wiper blad skips across the windshield in both directions. I've gone through 3 sets of OEM blades and now I'm on a set of Valeo aero wiper blades. They're better, but the driver side blade still skips half of the time.

The wiper blade is the only real annoyance that I have now. Everything else was taken care of within the first two months after I bought the car. No new problems have appeared in the subsequent 6 months. The other stuff was minor... except for the sunroof. That kinda pissed me off, but the dealer paid for the respray, so it's all good now.

I haven't experienced any of the transmission noise, intercooler-melting, or headlight burn-out problems that others have reported. This is good. Mechanically, my specB is great. It's just that handful of minor stuff that had to be addressed early on.

Since I bought my car with 4,000 miles on it (dealer's owner drove it with no title), it really wasn't a new car, but they wouldn't sell it as used, either.

Nonetheless, I believe the car wasn't treated as well as I would have.

*The headliner had to be replaced because it could not be fastened above the rear window.

*A connector had to be replaced to get the visor and dome lights working.

*Loose clip inside the driver door was replaced (it was causing vibes when music was playing)

*The entire roof had to be resprayed because someone farked it up with bad swirl marks behind the sunroof and several deep scratches next to the sunroof. I never really found out what happened. The respray was good, though.

*Not sure if this is really a problem, but my driver side wiper blad skips across the windshield in both directions. I've gone through 3 sets of OEM blades and now I'm on a set of Valeo aero wiper blades. They're better, but the driver side blade still skips half of the time.

The wiper blade is the only real annoyance that I have now. Everything else was taken care of within the first two months after I bought the car. No new problems have appeared in the subsequent 6 months. The other stuff was minor... except for the sunroof. That kinda pissed me off, but the dealer paid for the respray, so it's all good now.

I haven't experienced any of the transmission noise, intercooler-melting, or headlight burn-out problems that others have reported. This is good. Mechanically, my specB is great. It's just that handful of minor stuff that had to be addressed early on.

and you posted in this thread because:confused: :icon_roll ,,,,

ps .keep an eye on that intercooler,,ya never know:icon_wink

and you posted in this thread because:confused: :icon_roll ,,,,

ps .keep an eye on that intercooler,,ya never know:icon_wink

I posted because I felt the information was somewhat relevant. My meaning (and assumption) was that if I had bought the car without the 4,000 miles I likely wouldn't have had the handful of problems that were probably caused by (or while) the other guy who was driving it. The point was, those problems existed before I bought the car.

Since I have owned the car, no other (additional) real problems have occurred, though. Fair enough?

My intercooler is soap-proof, BTW. No meltage will be occurring. :)

Ive had a couple problems with my car( radiator fan, ill. 5 ill. 6, and dash rattle), but the were all fixed in one day with no issues. 9 times out of 10, a car you buy will have 1 or 2 small issues down the road, in thats normal to me. Its the people who flake out aout it and panic that make them seem bigger than they really are. people over react.

I posted because I felt the information was somewhat relevant. My meaning (and assumption) was that if I had bought the car without the 4,000 miles I likely wouldn't have had the handful of problems that were probably caused by (or while) the other guy who was driving it. The point was, those problems existed before I bought the car.

Since I have owned the car, no other (additional) real problems have occurred, though. Fair enough?

My intercooler is soap-proof, BTW. No meltage will be occurring. :)

Works fr me :)

23k miles and no problems with the OBXT (except getting hit by a Toyota Tundra with 1001 miles on the car, and at least all the damage was limited to the rear bumper).

Knock on faux wood.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

• 3 months later...

Archived