LegacyGT.com

Help me decide - Low mileage LGT Wagon 5EAT

polo735

Hey LGT community,

My name is Ralph and I'm in the market for an LGT wagon. I have subaru ownership experience with my current black '05 Saab 9-2x Aero (wrx) with a catless up, dp and cobb stg 2. The LGT will be a second car/wife's car.

I found an '05 LGT Wagon in black at a local dealer. The car has 58k miles, looks great inside and out. Dealer commented that he previous owner was meticulous with maintenance. Car has no unusual smells and test drive did not reveal any issues. The carfax report showed one owner who had regular oil changes and services done at a local a subaru dealer.

I've been looking for a black LGT wagon as a mate to my 9-2x for some time. Finding this car seems too good to be true. Can someone point out a reason not to buy this car that I may be overlooking?

Maybe the previous owner was a forum member? Car is being sold in central CT.

Any comments/ advice are appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Aside from price... they are super rare, probably under 200 sold USA.

I have a '05 LGT sedan 5EAT, now with 75,000 miles. Check to see rear brakeline recall has been done. They extended warranty to 100K miles for rear wheel bearings, BUT it ends 8 years from manufacture; your (selling) dealer might sneak you under the warranty, if you have bearing noise. Relatively easy to check noise from rear wheels.

60K is recommended time for a major service. That's oil/filter change, new coolant, air filter, spark plugs, brake-fluid flush, probably tranny fluid flush & filter replacement, maybe drive belts. It's all very pricey, especially the 4 iridium plugs; perhaps your dealer will do them as part of the deal?

Check out the playing/loading function of all 6 CDs in the audio unit. They have been knowntofail.

Check out seat heaters, both bottom & back for both driver & passenger.

good luck!

From a previous post: "I finally got around to parsing this data above to include the LGT wagons (MT, 5eat and both limited and non-limited)

Previously I had just covered the 2005 non-limited wagons, and only as to color."

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh93/JRanmann/Screenshot2010-07-25at102913PM.png

On this somewhat 'distilled' version here (and for those who had asked for the data in this way previously) this now covers

all Legacy GT wagon models from 2005. Someday I (or someone else?) may do the same for the Sedans.

In short, this version might make it a little easier for anyone interested to more readily find their own LGT wagon's place

(in the scheme of all things Subaru?) which is now represented with easy to read icons and condensed text as to

interior color, fabric and transmission type, etc.

http://legacygt.com/forums/images/statusicon/wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 834x749.http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh93/JRanmann/Final2005LGTproduction.jpg

Thanks for the responses.

Wanted to point out that is is a Limited, not an Unlimited.

With the warranty, would it have to be a Subaru dealer to extend the warranty? This car is being sold by a non-Subaru dealer.

The 60k services aren't too big of a deal. I do a some of my own maintenance work and have experience with Subaru turbos.

Dealer is asking 13,600.

I'm still pretty keen on this car and I'm likely going to buy it.

nice. I own a 5MT limited turbo. I'm holding onto it as long as I can. I'm on the high mileage side. 245k and still going strong. working on some suspension bits this weekend.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Archived