LegacyGT.com

Stereo/shift knob question

rugby4u21

I was just wondering i have been hearing on the .org board that the h/u from a 2007-09 or 08 ...the 6 disc/mp3/sat stereo...the sub will not work? is that true? and why is that? and also since i already got it thinking it will work..how do i take off the shift knob to take my dash apart to install the stereo?? please let me know! Thanks

Mikey

05' LGT

WOW. If Auto Put the key in and pull up your Handbrake(all the way up) and turn the key to ACC. Pull the shifter all the way down toward the rear of the car. The start removing the pieces of the counsel. You will need a + screwdriver.

Well..success!!! Got new stereo at 1030A ....got car apart 1040A .....opened new box 1041A......installed new stereo...hooked everything back up.....tested everything.....everything working 1130A. BTW ..the factory sub does work with the newer stereo...i got the 204UH...from a wrecked legacy...other posts say that the factory sub under the seat doesn't work...well..it does.. I verifed it with a old dB bass CD and its working like a champ...plus my new/used stereo came with 2 free CDs :) Also...the shift knob is a bitch to get off if anyone needs to work near that area..it unscrews off the shift lever..but to get the knob off the boot..you gotta work it..evenutally it does come off but ya everything works :) So there is my report Scaseys :)

Archived