LegacyGT.com

Low fuel pressure

So I just got my car back together after doing clutch/headers/single fuel line replacement and my fuel pressure won't go past approx 30 psi at idle.

I have ID1000s with a sidefeed to topfeed conversion

AEM adjustable FPR

Walbro 255

and custom made by me fuel routings under the hood.

I replaced the fuel line going from the passenger rail to the fpr b/c I had previously joined 2 hoses together to adapt down from the 3/8" fuel hose to the 5/16 stock fpr, and then back up to 3/8" when the stock fpr wasn't able to handle the rest of the setup. At the time I didn't have the time to take everything apart to run a single fuel line there, so I just joined 2 hoses of standard 160 psi fuel line. I just switched this to a 300 psi max fuel line without the connections in the middle of the hose.

When I went to start the car, afrs were in the 16-17 range, I pulled a knock code and my fuel pressure wouldn't go above 30 psi with the regulator adjusted to the max. At this point, I disassembled the fpr, put a new diaphragm in it and changed out the nozzle inside for a smaller one to increase the pressure.

Before I changed the hose out, my fuel pressure would drop off as soon as I turned the car off and it would turn over for a bit before starting. Now fuel pressure is holding constant, but I don't have enough of it.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...en-213570.html

Take a look at this thread and see if it would help. Possibly your wiring to the pump itself is not good enough to spin it fast enough. Also, did you check the sock inside of the tank to make sure it wasn't plugged?

Last, you can disconnect the fuel lines at both ends (pump and fuel rail) and blow some air lightly through it to make sure that it's not blocked in any way.

Archived