LegacyGT.com

Up pipe removal problem

EconCoder

I'm trying to get my stock 05 up pipe removed, but it is now stuck between the block and the shield over the right front wheel linkages.

Can anyone offer suggestions on how to get it out the rest of the way? Maybe lifting the block, but how?

No problem. Yes, lift the block.

Loosen the passenger side motor mount bolt. Do not remove it all the way. Just loosen it to the end of the bolt. Get your oem jack and a block of wood and lift on the oil pan. Believe it or not, you only need about an extra quarter inch or so of clearance. This will get it done.

After you put in the new one, don't forget to lower the jack and retorque that bolt. Good luck. Make sure you didn't knock out the half moon cam seals knocking the uppipe around in there.

No problem. Yes, lift the block.

Loosen the passenger side motor mount bolt. Do not remove it all the way. Just loosen it to the end of the bolt. Get your oem jack and a block of wood and lift on the oil pan. Believe it or not, you only need about an extra quarter inch or so of clearance. This will get it done.

After you put in the new one, don't forget to lower the jack and retorque that bolt. Good luck. Make sure you didn't knock out the half moon cam seals knocking the uppipe around in there.

My dad and I disconnected the motor mount at the block and then lifted, but appeared to just lift the car not the block. Should we have unscrewed the motor mount at the frame instead?

• I Donated
My dad and I disconnected the motor mount at the block and then lifted, but appeared to just lift the car not the block. Should we have unscrewed the motor mount at the frame instead?

You probably only disconnected one of the two motor mount bolts. Yes, you should take the nut off that holds the motor mount to the crossmember instead.

Archived