LegacyGT.com

Shooting for 10's on my daily driver

It flew out in Arkansas because they have yet to figure out how to pave roads there. I hit a bunch of dips and pot holes and I guess when it came down one time the tire caught the liner and ripped it out and spit part of it onto the interstate. Also the front drivers cv axle is spraying grease. But I have a spare axle so ill put that in soon as my stuff arrives in knoxville.

I remember when I graduated college, I had to save for a couple weeks just to afford to fill my car up with gas....kids these days.....

Good read. Glad you are sticking with it. Super motivated for sure. I would have said F-it. Throw a stock short block in it and sell the thing and start over with a Supra to run 10's without breaking a sweat. ha haha.. good luck!

• 3 months later...
Long over due for an update. The car is doing well, the motor has over 7000 miles on it. Been working a lot so I haven't had it tuned past the break in map. But since I've been working so much I have started to save and purchase parts for the upgrades I'm about to start on over the next few months. I'm getting a bloush 5.0xtr turbo, new up pipe and external waste gate, id1000 top feed injectors, new tgvs, top feed fuel rails, new larger solid turbo inlet, new larger intake and maf, new catback, and depending on power output possibly a new dual disc clutch and drive shaft. So that being said I'll have some parts for sale soon... Since I've gotten the car back I've redone the brakes and bought some nice sticky tires. Come next fall I'm hopfully going to finally make a sub 11sec pass...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Finally got the car tuned. It was tuned on the 850cc injectors and the 20g that was used to break the engine in. Car made 350whp on 17psi and 365ftlbs. The 1000cc top feeds, fuel rails, larger lines, and regulator are here but I'm going t wait until I get a bigger turbo than my amr550 to install it all. Going to try and push past 500whp. Then it's off to the drag strip for the hopeful sub 11 second pass

It is a dyno dynamics dyno. I'll post a dyno pic when I get home. Honestly I do t remember which 20g this is. I got it cheap from a shop in az when motor 4 let go and my amr was full of engine bearing material. This turbo was purchased to break in the motor