LegacyGT.com

Clusterf*ck of a fuel issue...

So i did a 5mt swap earlier in the month. Long story short, the car died, wouldnt start, we narrowed it down to the fuel pump. Tested with a small 12v bulb i had to see if it was getting power; not getting power in the keys "on" pos. not getting power trying to start the car, not getting power at all. Checked all my fuses and just ended up hardwiring the fuel pump on a switch, still nothing. So i replaced the pump on a hardwire and it works great now. I would put the pump back on the stock wiring, but as i said it doesnt get power and idk where to correct that issue.

Now down to my problem. Im throwing cyl 3 and 4 misfires (P0303, P0304) and also throwing P1101 and P0441. I cant help but think that theyre all related to the fuel issue somehow. Can anyone throw me a bone on what to look for? Will the fuel pump being hotwired on a switch be causing it to run rich?

what year is it?

pretty sure the AT shift lock was part of the fuel circuit, you have to connect the two plugs together where that used to be to trick the ecu into thinking its always in Park, thus completing the circuit ...

maybe?

what year is it?

pretty sure the AT shift lock was part of the fuel circuit, you have to connect the two plugs together where that used to be to trick the ecu into thinking its always in Park, thus completing the circuit ...

maybe?

I have a 98 OBW and the tranny/ecu came out of a 97 OBW limited. Didnt know that all the ecus were the same... Anyway i looped the wires for the key lock in the center console so i could get my key out. As far as other wiring goes, i removed the shift lock box because i dont need it. I have the center clip out of the tcm because i dont need it also.

Archived