LegacyGT.com

Line Out Converter Install: Wire Colors For Rear Speakers?

legacy_gus

Howdy gang. I was going to buy a factory sub, but I've got an amp with a crossover and a Bazooka sitting in the basement, so I think I'll pick up a line out converter and go that route. Does anyone know the speaker wire colors for 2005? I would like to tap into the rears so I can control the balance easily. Also will need to find the switched power for the radio too.

I searched and found one reference, but it says it covers '93 to '09 so I'm a bit hesitant to trust it!

Also found the group buy for the spare tire enclosure and damn that's tempting... Going to use the Bazooka for now as I already have it. But would be great to have the sub out of the way entirely since it's a wagon!

Thanks a bunch!

Thanks for the linky. I had seen it on my initial search but the info didn't jump out at me. I found the info for the speaker wires, but am not sure about a switch lead. Looks like I want the white wire which is for the antenna amplifier, right?

I searched and found one reference, but it says it covers '93 to '09 so I'm a bit hesitant to trust it!

If you're talking about my Legacy/Outback pin-out table here, yes it's correct. Subaru has been using the same connector since 1993. My table shows the wire color variations through the different years.

I found the info for the speaker wires, but am not sure about a switch lead. Looks like I want the white wire which is for the antenna amplifier, right?

Not if you want your amp to work while you're listening to CD. The HU activates the antenna remote wire only while you're listening to AM/FM.

You'll need to either use +12V Accessory/switched, or buy a remote-on module (detects sound on a speaker line and generates a remote-on for your amp).

If you're talking about my Legacy/Outback pin-out table here, yes it's correct. Subaru has been using the same connector since 1993. My table shows the wire color variations through the different years.

Not if you want your amp to work while you're listening to CD. The HU activates the antenna remote wire only while you're listening to AM/FM.

You'll need to either use +12V Accessory/switched, or buy a remote-on module (detects sound on a speaker line and generates a remote-on for your amp).

Yup that's the chart. Thanks for posting it! And, thanks for the heads up on the switched lead. Shouldn't be hard to find one with a multimeter. I would have been pissed if I had made that mistake!

Archived