LegacyGT.com

Where to order OEM stuff?

I'm sure there's a better forum for this, but anyhow...

I need a new headlight, and as much as I've heard good things about http://www.subarugenuineparts.com, they're on the west coast, and I kinda need it in VT by Friday. Are there any good eastern dealers that will ship parts? I have the feeling I'm forgetting something obvious.

Thanks,

Andy

Well, there's a 'sticky' right above here that is applicable - is that what you missed? :)

I would think most dealers would have those in stock, for accident repair, but you might not like the mark-up. My local dealer marks everything up a ton. You could get a quote from one of the online dealers, take to your local dealer and see if they'll match the price.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

I've had good luck with subaruparts.com, but I think they're in the northwest. Rclark0032 is a big fan of Mastro (Opie's dealership) and often has parts shipped overnight and 2nd day. I believe they're in Florida. PM him for his contact there.
ignore him, he'll go away.

I've had good luck with subaruparts.com, but I think they're in the northwest. Rclark0032 is a big fan of Mastro (Opie's dealership) and often has parts shipped overnight and 2nd day. I believe they're in Florida. PM him for his contact there.

I'll attest to Mastro. Then again, they're my dealership, so I'm biased. I also use subarugenuineparts.com.

The only order I've done with subaruparts has left me with no parts, no shipping confirmation and no return of my phone calls after 3 weeks now. :(

Rclark0032 is a big fan of Mastro (Opie's dealership) and often has parts shipped overnight and 2nd day. I believe they're in Florida. PM him for his contact there.

To clarify its Kyle at mastro, the only guy I will deal with anymore :icon_cool He knows me by name becuse I order too much :lol:

If the headlight is the original, the dealers here in the Pacific Northwest will replace them once for free. I don't know about Canada. It has something to do with the originals not taking into account the daytime running and not being up to the task. Anyway, had them replaced on my wife's Outback for free.

If the headlight is the original, the dealers here in the Pacific Northwest will replace them once for free. I don't know about Canada. It has something to do with the originals not taking into account the daytime running and not being up to the task. Anyway, had them replaced on my wife's Outback for free.

I'd like to think if all he needed was a lightbulb, he could run down to autozone in a pinch. My guess is he's referring to the entire headlight assembly, thus the need for a dealer.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Well, there's a 'sticky' right above here that is applicable - is that what you missed? :)

Yup, that was it, thanks! The usual caveat: I did search, a bunch of different ways. In my defence, it doesn't show location, which might be a handy addition...

I would think most dealers would have those in stock, for accident repair, but you might not like the mark-up. My local dealer marks everything up a ton. You could get a quote from one of the online dealers, take to your local dealer and see if they'll match the price.

Around here most won't have them in stock, and as for mark-up... wait for it...

$600CAD. I could buy a whole car for that much.

And yes, I meant to say headlamp assembly, this is the only time I wasn't specific enough. Lesson learned.

Thanks for all of the help, calling a few today!

Edit: Just talked to Kyle, he didn't have one, so checked stock at dealers in the NE and gave me their numbers. Mastro will be getting my business in the future...

Andy

I'll attest to Mastro. Then again, they're my dealership, so I'm biased. I also use subarugenuineparts.com.

The only order I've done with subaruparts has left me with no parts, no shipping confirmation and no return of my phone calls after 3 weeks now. :(

Hy Mr. Shocker pink stink,

Anything new with your order over at subaruparts?

I wish I came accross this thread earlier. I just sent them some money.

DId you get your money back? Did your parts ever come?

Another great parts source is Liberty Subaru in NJ.

They are the numero uno parts seller year after year, because they advertize in car&driver and have the lowest prices, AND they are next door to the east coast parts warehouse, so you get parts ASAP!!

1-888-Suby-4wd

I have bought everything from a single bolt to a complete short-block.

One EJ22 I bought had the crank sticking out of the wooden crate, it had been dropped, right on it's side very hard, and I wasn't going to build a race motor with a bent crank. Liberty shipped me a new one pretty quickly.

Archived