LegacyGT.com

07 lgt running hott...any ideas??

hey guys i dont post here much but i do read a lot...have had success w problems in the past on here so if you guys could help me out would be great...

Problem:

recently my 07 LGT w 134k has been running hott. When driving (weather on highway doing 80mph in 50deg weather or driving around town in 75deg heat) it has been slowly creeping and holding steady around the 3/4 mark...ive owned my car since new and i know this isnt normal it religiously used to sit just a tick below the middle...ive flushed the system, changed the t-stat and still persists. havent changed the rad cap yet and no leak that i can see under the car...it will never enter the red area of the temp guage either even if i let it idle. actually sometimes it comes down back to normal for a few mins then creeps back up...:confused::confused:any ideas where to start...

thanks in advance

i brought it to my mechanic...he flushed the system and did the tstat...i assume he burped the system hes pretty efficient and thurough with that stuff...i did not check the turbo resi....where can i access that and wheat level should it be at if the car is cold...

also...idk if it matters but when i shut the car off i get that sound of water flowing/gushing from the driverside dashboard area...that related?

Have you cleaned the front of the radiator? I ask as I just had my radiator replaced and the front face of the stock radiator was pretty well covered with a variety of stuff. My car has 110k miles on it. I replaced the radiator while doing the 105k service as a precaution.

That's an indicator of air in the system or heater core. May want to try burping the system again.

The rushing water sound is coolant flowing through an air pocket. This may be caused by air left in the system or a head gasket starting to fail and it is pumping combustion in the cooling system and creating an air pocket.

That's an indicator of air in the system or heater core. May want to try burping the system again.

The rushing water sound is coolant flowing through an air pocket. This may be caused by air left in the system or a head gasket starting to fail and it is pumping combustion in the cooling system and creating an air pocket.

sickkkkkkk...ugh was hoping it wasn't the head gasket....ill try burping the system...whatsthe best way just to run the car up to temp with the rad cap off and squeeze the upper hose a few times to get the air out?

As described in the link undo cap at turbo res. and run till its nice and warm (running temp. for about 10 or so minutes) and run your heater at full blast hot. Make sure pumping out really hot air out the vents. If its blowing Luke warm then air is still there so keep running it.

As described in the link undo cap at turbo res. and run till its nice and warm (running temp. for about 10 or so minutes) and run your heater at full blast hot. Make sure pumping out really hot air out the vents. If its blowing Luke warm then air is still there so keep running it.

ok thanks for the breakdown...im gonna try this tomorrow morning....will the system force the air out itself as it runs/warms up or should I squeeze the upper rad hose a buncha times to force air through the system?

Archived