LegacyGT.com

is it bad to run straight pipe?

subie3429

just curious. i bolted another pipe on the flanges to make it come out the back more so it does melt anything. im just wondering if it will hurt anything like engine wise??

they wont be off for that long either im planning in getting an exhaust maybe beginning of april. i just dont want to go back to quiet.

just curious. i bolted another pipe on the flanges to make it come out the back more so it does melt anything. im just wondering if it will hurt anything like engine wise??

they wont be off for that long either im planning in getting an exhaust maybe beginning of april. i just dont want to go back to quiet.

Is your Car Turbo Charged?

If it is it will not hurt anything, in-fact a straight exhaust is the best thing for a Turbo Charged Engine.

Now if its a NON built non turbo engine it still wont hurt the engine, BUT you will loose bottom end torque "pulling power off the line/acceleration"

Thats why putting a fart can and a short ram intake on your car is stupid your removeing your bottom end torque and not FORCEING anymore air in the engine. although if all you want is a loud car have at it

yeah its turboed. i thought it would be better because its more open.

guys at work kept telling me i was going to kill my car. i tried telling them it was fine. i even checked air/fuel and it was fine but they didnt want to hear it lol

they all like to think that. they no nothing about subaru i try and explain stuff but there like no your wrong so i finally gave up and i just agree, even told the one guy im selling the gt for a caliber srt4(i work at a chrysler & dodge dealership) he was really excited until i said i was joking. :lol:

lol i only work at small privatly owned shops I dont like ripping people off like national chain shops or dealerships. I dont work as a mechanic anymore when I moved south and shops told me what they pay down here i told them where they could put that job offer lol, so Now im a trucker, much more fun wayyy more $$$

yeah its turboed. i thought it would be better because its more open.

guys at work kept telling me i was going to kill my car. i tried telling them it was fine. i even checked air/fuel and it was fine but they didnt want to hear it lol

Plus AFR wouldnt be affected by a change post O2 sensor. Straight pipe wont kill a EJ255 now a Ej253 is a different story too large straight pipe will murder what bottom end it already lacks. :)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know where i can buy a 3'' pipe with flange already attatched?

im looking to straightpipe my car again, and cant seem to find one. i have taken it to as couple muffler shops that tell me that they cant help me.

• 2 years later...
Does anyone know where i can buy a 3'' pipe with flange already attatched?

im looking to straightpipe my car again, and cant seem to find one. i have taken it to as couple muffler shops that tell me that they cant help me.

Tell them you want it for off-road use, take it home, and then put it on when you are, ahem, ready for off-road use.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Archived