LegacyGT.com

2.5i intake roll call....who wants one????

at first it seemed like everyone wanted one, now i cant even sell the first one for half of what the others will cost.....

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33077

here it is on ebay starting at $99.00 this one is used pipe with a sealed new k&n

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8061319591&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT

the others i will make will be 100% new and will be $200

I AM NOT MAKING MUCH ON THESE BETWEEN PARTS AND LABOR, ITS ALL CUSTOM . KEEP IN MIND THE K&N IS $40 BUCKS ALONE

POST IF YOU WILL BUY ONE ...I SHOULD START MAKING THEM AS SOON AS THIS ONE SELLS...

IF NOT ILL JUST PUT THIS ONE BACK ON MY CAR CUZ I SURE DO MISS IT..HUGE DIFFERENCE WITHOUT IT...

i dont have any dyno #'s but you will not be disapointed...i took it off this past week and i miss it alot...when on,,, seems to downshift faster and have better throttle response better acceleration and an nice aggresive tone..not loud and annoying like the open element kits..wish i would have made sound clips..ill try to this week..

What will be included when you make these?? I assume it reuses the stock air box and MAF housing, if so are/would you just selling the tubing? I already have a K&N, i'd be interested in just the tubing possibly, but not for $200.

Tolly

07 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition

07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

As someone else said, this would be last on the mod list for me. Right now its wheels/tires, and suspension. Good Luck though.

Tolly

07 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition

07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the first one, and I can DEFINITELY feel a difference! I'm very happy with my purchase. The car pulls harder at the low end than it ever did before, and it sounds so much more badass when I really get on the gas! I would recommend this mod to anyone looking for a real simple mod. It took me about 10 minutes to install the thing once I got all the parts.

Thanks again ldc2335!

Yeah but if you remember alot of us asked how you built it and you wouldnt tell us anything other than it was mixed parts. if you built it i can as well. i will just go to autozone buy the tubing for fraction of the cost and be on my way. thanks for the pictures though.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

After reading my post i came across kind of harsh. if you want to make money off of it then make money off of it. I personally think it is kind of messed up that your on a forum site to help other people out and vise versa and your going to try to make money off of them now. that would be equivelant to them making money for every modification that you done to your car using there idea. But just wanted to repost and say that my post meant no disrespect by any means. I am just very opinionated.

OTM.

thats what it is...mixed parts...its like a jigsaw puzzle, i start off with some intake tubes a dremel and a hack saw and go at it... and my intent was to be able to sell these, so why would i tell you exactly how to do it....

im offering something that no other company makes, so in that sense i am helping you out...i could keep em all for my self

thanks for the positive feedback johnnyboyshoots,could ya send me pics of that part when ya get a chance,,

i have been following this for a while now and i am sure there are more with the N/A that have been following it as well. the Point that i was mearly trying to make is that hardly any info was given as far as what was used to make this modification etc. unlike others that have used this site and posted walkthroughs. there were some that even asked for a walk-through and wasnt given anything except it was mix matched parts. I wasnt trying to turn this into some piss match about how unfair life is or anything like that. really i wasnt. Now i will give him props for the product itself. Indeed it takes alot to make something yourself. I am not busting him for that really i am not. It is just the principle of it all. But on that note i will shut up now and just make one for myself and when i finish up i will post pictures along with part numbers so that people like myself that like doing modifications on there own can benifit from it free of charge. So now you all can bust my chops if you would like, really it doesnt matter to me. Just stay tuned for future modifications for the mush fake CAI. I will say this, there was no disrespect intended like i said before but i can see that no-one read that part. If i hurt anyones feelings in the posting that i have done i sincerely appolgise for my actions. peace out.

OTM.

the first intake that shoots bought was indeed mixed parts, from a dodge ram intake and a wrx intake all hacked up and was like $160 in parts, i sold it to shoots to try and make some money to make more...after looking and looking, ive found an intake that i can use. but parts and shipping im stll at like $130 for the whole kit..

• 1 month later...

Archived