LegacyGT.com

After searching for a tmic, I have come across hundreds of threads talking about quality/fitment/core design but I have not been able to find any document test between any intercooler (flow, temperature change, boost level, etc ). I've come to the conclusion that the process west tmic is the best option for staying top mount, but also quite costly.

Has anyone done any flow/pressure/temperature tests on any aftermarket and stock intercoolers to actually determine if these knockoffs are worth the quality differences?

All that only matters if your looking to the max amount of HP you can make. For a strong DD it really doesn't matter. For 95% of us it's all about the cost.

If your that worried about all that flow and stuff you better be looking at a fmic or may be air/water.

Let it go and just get what you can afford.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

There was a thread here a few weeks ago about which is better

But it turned into buy what you can afford for a DD. The Perrin is better than the IRP but it's also more money. How much more HP you you get from it. Is it worth it for you.

Worry more about fitment.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

WPMarky is running the processwest knock off, holding boost fine, the metal quality definitely is not par with the PW one but, what's the difference if performance is the same, unless names and brands matter to you. obviously the nicer one definitely gives your engine a better look.

Performance from the knock off TMIC's is not the same as performance from the originals. It is just better than stock.

We have seen issues from mis-fits, to mis-tapped threads, to metal shavings in the end tanks (left over from the cores being cut).

Archived