LegacyGT.com

Rear Window Defroster

Well brought it to my mechanic after the rear defroster completely stopped working, come to find out the entire grid is bad. So i figure WTH im gonna call my insurance company to see if that glass is covered. Sure enough im getting the whole rear window replaced, all i have to do it bring it down to be re-tinted. Thank god for full glass coverage.

I told them that there was a couple of scratches in the glass, and that my rear defroster no longer worked. Didnt even bat an eye. Ive had the same company for 22 years so they dont question it.

I had my mechanic friend test it out, the power and all was getting to the glass but wasnt receiving a signal on the other end of it. Either way im getting a new back window and scheduled to retint it a week later.

Im happy.

Had the entire rear glass replaced, not only does the defroster now work but no static on the regular radio. Now just have to schedule it to have Tint put on it. After the guy from Safelite took the glass out i took a look at it and you could see under the old tint that the lines had burned up in some spots. Now i know why it failed.

Archived