LegacyGT.com

legacy gt with sti turbo

i just bought a 04 sti turbo, sti top mount, sti intake mainifold. turbo inlet and have a avo intake i am just waiting to put it all in . i am getting a road tune i was just wondering what kind of power i am looking to be looking at its 05 legacy gt 5eat

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
any other mods? IE: Dp, Up pipe? without those i would not picture u making a great improvement compared to if you did. Dont go crazy on mods with the 5EAT, you will need to beef that up even at the Stage 2 power levels with the valve body mod, tranny cooler etc.

I got the turbo and intercooler for 120 bucks and had to but the sti manifold. Cheap easy way to get some power I guess I am thinking of getting a upipe and a downpipe as well before I get the tune . I was wondering what the transmission mod was

That transmission mod is the F1 Valve Body Mod by Hexmods, so far I believe its just for the 05-07 5EATs , and they are working on a VB mod for the 08+. I have read nothing but good things about the mod so far, and the difference in shifting is supposed to be pretty noticeable. Apparently you can run up to 350+ whp with it, however if your going to launch (brake boost) your car you need to get some bushings that they also sell for 200ish. I myself am stuck between this mod and a cbe for my next mod. Here is a link with all the details about the mod:

I got the turbo and intercooler for 120 bucks

Good luck with that. Are you sure the turbo is good ? When these turbo's blow it normally put's metal chips into the oil pan and takes out the short block.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I hate STi swaps...I always recommend to go front mount...more power, less headache.

agreed. the STI swap was what the LGT community used to have to do due to the lack of aftermarket ICs and bolt on turbos that fit the LGT's newer style TMIC setup. now since the 08 wrx has come out, ther are alot more aftermarket options that don't require a IM swap to fit. Id say the era of the STI IM swap is dead.

Man so much hate for the sti swap. I have it but didnt install it that way. Ive driven leggys with far better set ups and will say its not a huge difference. Most definetly noticable but not that much more. 120 bucks is a good deal assuming the turbo is good. Since your a 5eat the sti set up might be a good way to go so you dont go crazy with power and roast the tranny. Like others have said with out other supporting mods though your gains will be on the lower side of things.

i got it from a close friend he just put 8000 in his sti , my goal is 400 to 450 hp if that i just want it to be faster and have fun with the car :)

With that much power you will need the hexmod valve body or your tranny WILL die. im doing that modd before any other power modds.

Archived