LegacyGT.com

Parked Envoy hit my Parked Legacy...

As the title states, Friday while I was at work I looked out my window and saw that a blue SUV was sitting oddly in the parkly lot next to my car. I then realized that I parked my car STRAIGHT in the parking spot. Then a light went off.....

I ran outside and saw an Envoy slammed into the side of my car :mad:

Noone around..... I ran back in work (I work in a bank) and asked the csutomers inside if they saw anything... nobody.

I went back outside to get some info and the police had arrived and the owned came back....

The accident report actually stated that both vehicles were unnocupied at time of incident. He was parked above me on a slight incline and didn't have his car in park, apparently something was wrong with the transmisison (and I guess the e-brake too)

Sorry I just had to rant a little.

http://www.thehyetts.com/subaru/images/legacy-crash1.jpg

http://www.thehyetts.com/subaru/images/legacy-crash2.jpg

http://www.thehyetts.com/subaru/images/legacy-crash4.jpg

http://www.thehyetts.com/subaru/images/legacy-crash3.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

who's fault would that be? im a noob at this stuff.

you obviously have no fault in this since you were not operating the vechile nor was the vechile even in motion at the time, and you obviously by the loks of it were parked properly.

Would it be the car manufacter CHEVY? the place he CHEVY was bought at, or would it be the owners fault for not taking proper precautions to ensure the car did not do such things?

sorry to hear it!! i was walking at work and noticed a ford ranger moving at me in a arking lot slowly...felt stalked until i realized it didnt have a driver in it. how do people do this...shouldnt get too out of hand before this happens to me. good luck with the repair. sucks it wasnt just the door.

That totally sucks. It is the Envoy owner's fault. If there was something wrong with the transmission, he shouldn't be driving it on public roads where it endangers others. What if there was someone walking in the parking lot and the car just started rolling? There are also other precautions that he can take, like not parking on the top of an incline, also parking up against a curb with the wheels fully locked to one side to prevent the car from rolling. The accident was caused by the owner's negligence.

he took 100% liability. I don't think he was cited for anything, but since HIS car was moving and hit mine....

I have a rental already , never have I appreciate my LGT more!!.. Malibus SUCK!!! I have been rather impressed with how well his insurance is handling everything. Of course they tried to make me take it to a "preferred repair shop" but I insisted on taking it to my dealer. I don't want any arguments if he hit the wheel and it caused AWD problems.

he took 100% liability. I don't think he was cited for anything, but since HIS car was moving and hit mine....

Which is exactly how it should be.

You know, you should pull the comparable rental card (his insurance should be paying after all).

Under hertz's scheme, subaru legacies/outabacks (and A4s) are thier own class. Therefore, you'll either get a legacy, outback, or an a4. the subies will be NA 2.5is, but it sure beats a GM POS.

Well I am using Enterprise and they don't stock Subies in this area. The Malibu was all they had in the standard class.

For the time being It'll do. After they give me a time fram to fix it I'll be pushing the issue. Mainly because I will be traveling into some snow for the holidays and feel I should get at the least a 4wd. The guy at Enterprise was great and said to call him thursday when their stock is back up and he would let me know what they have available or try to get me something if I wanted.

The way the dealership talked on Friday (From a quick glance) if it's just cosmetic they may have it as quick as thursday. But the Subie service dept is going to check out the rear axle and diff (the initial impact was the rear right wheel)

A clown parked his camaro in my backseat in late November. Enterprise/State Farm decided that a KIA Optima (complete dogsh1t) was a suitable replacement for rental. I just bit the bullet and drove the KIA for a little while. When I found out I wasn't going to see my baby back until mid-January I went into Enterprise and raised hell until they gave me a reasonable SUV. I understand the need to rant... I miss my Subie too.

Enterprise can be great about upgrades (I got an 07 G35x for "full-size" in dec 06), do note the legacy is a "full-size" not "standard" (they're different sizes), which means the ins co needs to pay more and will get you access to a better class of car (you generally can only get 1 or two classes of upgrades)

/Does it sound like I've rented too many cars? :p

Saw that happening to one of my friends. I was pulling out of a spot after an art show and saw a girl pull out of her spot just ahead of me. A crappy old chevy was parked on this girls bumper because it was on a hill and the idiot forgot to put on his e-brake (with a 5-spd). The car rolled down the hill two car lengths and hit my friend's new civic coupe. There wasn't much damage, but a cop wrote the guy a ticket for failing to use parking brake and fortunately my friend got his info when he got back to his car. Of course this is DC so the laws are pretty whacked out but it seems like the dirver of the envoy should have gotten a ticket for negligence. Hope your leggy looks as good as new when she gets out of the shop!

I spoke to the dealership this morning. He was just getting a parts list together. He said obviously I need a door, he will need to get into the quarter panel before he knows more on it, the bumper he should be able to fix and the rim he'll have to look at better. The only good thing is that there was a small knick on my bumper (stupid mistake on my behalf) that will be repainted now :)

He said at least a week and half, depending on if there is any mechanical damage.

Thanks for the info on a Leggy being full-sized, I honestly thought it was comparable (in size only) to a Malibu. I am going on wednesday to definately trade up, I'll raise some hell a little with the insurance company first. I am going to argue an SUV for the Holiday as I am going north to some snow (I probably won't ever push the 4wd button, but the extra space will nice for the holiday :) ) I at least want something with some power.

Luckily everyone locally I have talked to has told me to take it to the body shop it is at, before I even mention where I am taking it. So apparently they are good. It is the luxury body shop for the dealership.

Archived